Cross Ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Re: Cross Ride

Post by Rolf »

I’m only racing Sunday, but I suspect we may have a critical mass doing the weekend COTR double-header. Let’s just do the usual meet-up and have a chat (in the snow?) at 6. I’m happy to go anywhere, but would probably favour an option where some could go longer if we wish.
wonger

Post by wonger »

After all the carnage and mayhem over the weekend, I will be out on a more mellow cx adventure tomorrow, Tuesday morning. Standard meeting spot, planning to keep it more local and be done in time for coffee 7:15-7:30.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Who's up for cross tomorrow? Short? Long? Oak Bay alleys? Campus chips? Ten Mile climbs? Beacon Hill laps? Cedar HIll mulch? Interurban trails? Royal Oak? Beaches?

The unpaved city is our oyster. :roll: Vote here, or in the morning...
Alan

Post by Alan »

sorry, can't make it out. In Vancouver till Tom Petty hour....
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I’ll be there, with an open mind and bruised body. Alan: enjoy the show.
John F.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I'm in.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

With COTR wrapping up this coming weekend, I hope some of you will stay on your big tires and continue to enjoy morning cross rides through the darkest months. I can't seem to get enough of whipping through that wavering tunnel of light, dodging tree branches, hopping roots, and giggling as I brake/accelerate/repeat.

I'll be starting out with the Farm Team again tomorrow (Wed.) and then probably staying around UVic and Oak Bay, maybe ending just after 7 with a quick coffee at OB Disco? If any of you Gordon Headers wanna rendezvous, let me know...
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Rolf: Not sure about the giggling but otherwise that all sounds good. See you tomorrow.

John F.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

So glad to hear there are plans of continued CX riding despite the end of COTR. I'm completely with you on the giggling thing Rolf.

Sorry to miss tmrw, particularly as OB Disco inches ever slowly closer to my/our 'hood which always increases my/our chance of attending coffee and enjoying the post-ride treats and chat.

Unfortunately these Gordon Headers (writing on behalf of Greg as well) are still tag teaming getting children ready for school and controlling a dog with a cone on her head who is going about as crazy as a cyclist who hasn't been able to ride their bike for a week. So until the cone is off and the dog can act like a normal dog again, we are sidelined for early morning rides.....But its only a few more days....

Have a great ride tmrw!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Wildlife sightings on CX trails appear to be the thing this week.

First a bear was spotted around 4:30 yesterday afternoon on the Colquitz River Trail near Mann and Glanford.

Then Andrea R. said a friend spotted a cougar hiding in the bushes on the Cedar Hill Golf Course last night.

Maybe we'll see a wolverine tomorrow. Anyone into something a bit longer? I have to be downtown by 8...
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I love the fact that police didn't find "any other witnesses". Does that mean that the bear ate them??????
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

New kit??
Attachments
plus-size-bear-costume.jpg
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

I plan to be out with my Cross Tires on Friday morning
Brian E
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Cougars, bears, men in bear outfits, field mice, I don’t give a damn, I’ll be out tomorrow regardless. That is unless visiting in-laws get the best of me with drinks and a late night.

John F.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Sunday means moar time for riding cross: moar trails, moar trees, moar roots, moar dirty kit, moar FUN! 8)
Coffee in your porridge at Fairfield Bucks around 7, departure around 7:30. Possible routes: Peninsula, Thetis, Royal Roads...
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Sweet reverse endo!

Martin
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Is there likely to be any CX-ers out tmrw morning?

L3
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

D'accord!
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Yes to whatever Rolf just said.

John F.
wonger