Tuesday Jan 25th

Moderator: mfarnham

Josh.E

Tuesday Jan 25th

Post by Josh.E »

Good ride this morning. The pace was a lot more energetic than last friday, must be the warmer weather and no rain. I think Sylvan said the average pace from the end of the 2nd box sprint around the water to the 6 laps beacon was over 37km/h today. Not bad for January.

Right from the box sprint laps, I was focusing on gutting myself whenever possible, and leading people out. Once we got to the beacon laps I tried to jump and lift the pace hard every time I got to the front. I ended up having a really good workout.
Coming into the uphill turning of of dallas on the last lap, Chris Fraser was leading, then Adam, then Sylvan, then me. Adam looked twitchy, and I knew he was going to attack for the finish as soon as Chris pulled off. I yelled at Sylvan to watch for it, and as soon as Chris peeled off, Adam jumped hard off the front. I got boxed in for a second as Chris came around, then I jumped and started chasing Adam towards the finish. He looked like he was starting to fade a bit, and I caught him with one crosswalk to go, but he put his head down, stood up and gave it one last hard sprint, and took it at the line. Awesome effort, it had to be painful.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Lister Farrar

Re: Tuesday Jan 25th

Post by Lister Farrar »

Great report Josh, and great second (third? fourth?)effort Adam.

I spent half of the night awake from suspected msg in sausages. Man it's tough to wake up after 3 hours sleep. So I didn't. :cry:
Last edited by Lister Farrar on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Did someone say "sausages"? :P
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Josh.E wrote:Good ride this morning... I think Sylvan said the average pace from the end of the 2nd box sprint around the water to the 6 laps beacon was over 37km/h today. Not bad for January.
37.8 km/h from the Uplands gates to the final sprint.
Josh.E wrote:Once we got to the beacon laps I tried to jump and lift the pace hard every time I got to the front.
Yeah, that was perfect, since you were always next up after me, haha. That explains why it was always so hard to stick back on after my mini-pulls.
Josh.E wrote:Adam looked twitchy, and I knew he was going to attack for the finish as soon as Chris pulled off. I yelled at Sylvan to watch for it...
I knew it was coming, but there wasn't no doing nothing about it. I did manage to jump a bit after the crest and helped Shawn get a run at you, I think, but you guys were gonzo.
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

I was thinking earlier this month about how good a deal the VCL is compared to some (all?) of these grand fondo events. I realize the goals aren't the same, but nevertheless, the contrast is remarkable. Well, now I am wondering about the value of the VCL (don't worry Duane, I'll be there every chance I get). For $20 a year we get one hell of a race four or five (or maybe six) times a week. 37 km/hr after the box sprint! Amazing, crazy, humiliating and motivating - all the reasons I race. Peter, I'll try to remember to bring the race, I mean club, fee tomorrow. Sorry.

JT
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

Coming into the uphill turning of of dallas on the last lap, Chris Fraser was leading, then Adam, then Sylvan, then me. Adam looked twitchy, and I knew he was going to attack for the finish as soon as Chris pulled off.
My new signature move so far its 2 for 3,
but i'm sure i wont do it next time...or will i...hmmm.
Adam de Vos
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

AdamD wrote: My new signature move so far its 2 for 3,
but i'm sure i wont do it next time...or will i...hmmm.
yeah, 2 for 3, but also the last two in a row
:? I might have to try a different approach......
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.