Spinnakers - Cask Opening Friday

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

bill

Spinnakers - Cask Opening Friday

Post by bill »

Hey Triple Shotters. I know I have not been out much lately, well not at all, but I wanted to bring to your attention that Spinnakers is having a cask opening Friday. They actually have a new brew opened everyday of the week for a limited time. Once it is gone it is gone. Have a look on their site!

This Friday they are opening a Spinnakers' Ale Dry Hopped with Tettnanger (A traditional German Noble variety, relative of Saaz, that is an outstanding aroma hop, with a rich flowery fragrant, and almost sweet flavor. A favorite with Lagers). They open the cask at 4pm and again once it is gone it is gone. Why not partake. Jeff and I will be there. Love to see some of you if not all.

Bill
JohnT

Re: Spinnakers - Cask Opening Friday

Post by JohnT »

I'll try to make it. I'm writing back also to say that the Spinnaker's TripleShot beer was great last Sat. I was put off by the foo-foo, girly-beer description (coffee, chocolate, gingerbread and maple syrup, OK, maybe no gingerbread and maple syrup), but it was not tarnished by the extra ingredients.

JohnT

PS Basement reno is almost done - I might get to ride my bike again one day soon.
Roland

Post by Roland »

That sounds like something I would like to attend.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

bill wrote:This Friday they are opening a Spinnakers' Ale Dry Hopped with Tettnanger... They open the cask at 4pm...
In for sure.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

JohnT wrote:the Spinnaker's TripleShot beer was great last Sat.
It was good. It was better than the Coffee Red Ale Josh and I tried down at Spinnakers a couple of weeks ago. However, I'm pretty sure that was NOT the TripleShot beer. That was a coffee beer effort, not containing espresso, which will bless the TripleShot beer. TripleShot beer is yet to come, and will probably be pretty epic once they get a few more of these coffee beer experimentations under their belts.
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I'm in but probably not until closer to 5pm.

Thanks for posting this Bill - I've already marked next Friday on the calendar too for the Vanilla Spiced Coffee Nut Brown Ale!

JohnT wrote: I was put off by the foo-foo, girly-beer description
This from a man who wears baby blue argyle with a matching pink helmet? :wink: And I would think anything infused with coffee would be given two thumbs up by TripleShotters...
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

Dang, I just saw this, and it's probably too late to come down. Just got in from business trip to Van.

Was going to suggest a 'support our sponsor' night Saturday at Spinnakers too.

Let me know if anyone is interested
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I was going to come, but was having too much fun with the Oak Bay kids jamming their brains out at Beacon Hill Park doing intervals on the circle.

How late does it run? Could I dash over in my cycling duds after we're done next week? Or too stinky? Is there valet bike parking? :)
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Roland

Post by Roland »

It's all been drunk.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"