CX on the Rock needs Volunteers Oct 30/31

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

CX on the Rock needs Volunteers Oct 30/31

Post by Plawless »

I got this from Drew Mackenzie the recently crowned (witha golden speedo) World Champion OF SingleSpeed Cross and Freakishness:

We are putting on a double header Cross on the Rocks cyclocross race this weekend on October 30th at Gorge/Esquimalt Park and Oct 31st at Layritz Park. We NEED VOLUNTEERS! Please spread the word. This is the one major Cyclocross event of the year that Victoria puts on and it would be much appreciated if we could get some support from anyone you know within your network and club connections. We need people who will be able/willing to help out with Set up, take down, registration, and/or food.

Volunteering does not necessarily mean that you won't be able to race, the more people we have to help the less work everybody has to do.

If you are available for Saturday, please contact Paul Brend at Paul.Brend@saanich.ca if Sunday works better for you, please contact Drew Mackenzie at dmac247@gmail.com

Drew is a great guy that does LOTS for not just cyclign but the entire local sporting community so if any of you have some time this weekend it would be awesome if you could help out.

Peter
Roland

Re: CX on the Rock needs Volunteers Oct 30/31

Post by Roland »

I just want to reiterate, if you have a few hours, your help would be greatly appreciated. Katie and I do the results, and more reliable timers are always needed. If you can stand under a tent and write down numbers, then you can help. You only need to do 1 or 2 races, so that's a 2 hour commitment maximum.

Course setup is also relatively easy and only takes a few hours as well.

I'd really like TS to host a 'cross race next year, so lets have a good showing on the weekend in terms of volunteers and racers.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
EricS

Post by EricS »

I can write down numbers real good like.

Count me in for both days. Course take down too.

I would like to race both days if possible too.
Eric Simonson
Roland

Post by Roland »

I talked to Paul/Drew, setup both days will be starting at 8am. Swing on by if you have time to string some tape and pound some posts.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
AndreaR

Post by AndreaR »

My friend and I will most likely be there on Saturday, assuming the weather isn't as horrific as last weekend. 8am? No problem!
Katie

Post by Katie »

Drew is still looking for a few more volunteers for Sunday's race. He needs Registration volunteers and 1 more Timing volunteer for 1 race (the 12:30 race I think).

If you can help out, send him an email: dmac247@gmail.com

Tripleshot got a "special thanks" mention in the Race Guide for Sunday's race. It would be great to see lots of people out there volunteering, racing and cheering in their baby blues!
EricS

Post by EricS »

Katie wrote:It would be great to see lots of people out there volunteering, racing and cheering in their baby blues!
Yes! I will be doing all three. I wish I owned a cow bell!
Eric Simonson
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I'd really like TS to host a 'cross race next year
What about doing a race similar to the qualifier last Saturday for the SSCXWC? The video of it looked fun(ny), and it would be nice to do it in a city that you are familiar with (Kudos to Katie for tackling Seattle!)

I'm in this weekend for both races - cheering, racing, volunteering, registration, writing numbers, set up/ take down... whatever is needed.

Jen