Saturday Crossfest

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

wonger

Saturday Crossfest

Post by wonger »

Anyone interested in the early morning cross mission this week? 6:00 a.m. with lights on at the Douglas St. Starbucks?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueler?

It's an off week for Cross on the Rock, so if you're not going to the single speed Worlds it's a great chance to practice those bike handling skills.
mlawless

Re: Saturday Crossfest

Post by mlawless »

Hmm, a cross type ride - how mean will you be? Will I cry during or after the ride? I think I am in if there are others. Otherwise a B style sufferfest it is.

Michael
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

wonger wrote:Anyone interested in the early morning cross mission this week? 6:00 a.m. with lights on at the Douglas St. Starbucks?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueler?
Interested, but my lights aren't good enough.
It's an off week for Cross on the Rock, so if you're not going to the single speed Worlds it's a great chance to practice those bike handling skills.
Dare ya to do the super d Sunday on your cross bike Geoff. Jelly roll and Lumpy pants will be a challange, but you'll kick ass on the regional trail climb, and if you think fast enough, Who's yer daddy and night shift should be rideable. Dunno about that drop into the TTA though. Buy ya a beer if ya clean that.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
lindsayf

Post by lindsayf »

I can't wait to understand what the hell you are talking about. Lumpy pants? Jelly roll? Good god... This sounds interesting...........
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

those are all names of mountain bike trails up at hartland park.
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
wonger

Post by wonger »

Mandy and I rode the course this afternoon. 13 minutes to get to the end of Lumpy Pants, so I'm no contender for the title!

Lister your light is fine. And I have about three that you can use. Besides, you know the route. I think that Michael needs at least you to join us (as do I) if we are going. If it's just two I think I'll go with the regular Saturday group.

Which leads me to my next point - where is everyone?
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I'm keen to crossfest it again - even more time in the dark on the trails tomorrow! I'm only good to follow, not lead, as I'm not sure of the route (plus I'm slow). Michael can cry on my shoulder as we try to keep up with Wonger & his luminescence.
wonger

Post by wonger »

ok - see you both at starbuck's. Jen do you want to go across town from pareto at 5:45? Michael I'm not sure where you live but if it makes sense to meet at pareto we'll see you there?
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Sounds good Wonger - see you at Pareto! Then onto Starbucks & beyond...
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

I think I may just do the Killer C ride - assuming I wake up!