Crosstoberfest: Sunday October 17, 2010: Duncan

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Roland

Crosstoberfest: Sunday October 17, 2010: Duncan

Post by Roland »

We had 4 people representing Tripleshot at the first race of the season, 8 at the second race, that means we'll have 12 on Sunday!

Crosstoberfest! $25 for a race, bratwurst and beverage! (Only $10 for beginners)
http://www.crossontherock.com/races/everti-cross/

The race is in Duncan, so you can't use 'too far away' as an excuse. I know lots of people have cross bikes, and I haven't seen them at a race yet.

This is a great course, usually more of a fitness course than a technical skill course.

For those who have come out to a Wednesday race, but not a Cross on the Rocks event, they are far more orderly. There are categories so beginners aren't racing pros. The courses are wider and much longer so there is room to pass and spread out. There are prizes, and results and beer! Cowbells, Vuvuzelas. It's an amazing time, more fun than you can imagine.

No excuses. Who is coming out?

I'm guessing: Josh, Adam, Simon, Dylan, Brad, Eric, Gavin, Jen, Peter, Michael, Katie, Glenowyn, Dave, Lister, Brenna, Alex, Paul. Did I miss anybody?
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Katie

Re: Crosstoberfest: Sunday October 17, 2010: Duncan

Post by Katie »

Roland wrote:For those who have come out to a Wednesday race, but not a Cross on the Rocks event, they are far more orderly. There are categories so beginners aren't racing pros. The courses are wider and much longer so there is room to pass and spread out.
This is very true. When I started cyclocross, I was far more comfortable racing in the Open Women/Masters men's category at Cross on the Rock than I was racing in the Wednesday night practices. I raced my first cross on the rock race 4 weeks after I bought my first road bike, then bought a cross bike a week later. You don't need any real experience to enter the Beginner races.

Come on out and try it. There is nothing intimidating about Cross on the Rock. It's a lot of fun.
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

We had 4 people representing Tripleshot at the first race of the season, 8 at the second race, that means we'll have 12 on Sunday!
4x2=8 8x2=16!!!!! the way i see it we will have 16 people!!!
Adam de Vos
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

Did i mention I will be there!
Adam de Vos
Roland

Post by Roland »

Just Adam, nobody else?
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

I'm in - bringing kids with cowbells too!
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
dreeves

Post by dreeves »

You had me at "Phillips" being the series new beer sponsor. I'll be there as well with family in tow.
Should be an amazing day if the weather is like today. See you all tomorrow!

d
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!
4827north

Post by 4827north »

I want to go, but I can't make it.. work and family keeping me from racing. I'll hopefully be able to race in Victoria end of the month. As Roland said, it is a lot of fun, and a high intensity workout. Last week's course was hopefully the toughest of the bunch in terms of hills to ride up, and single track to navigate. Not that it wasn't fun and challenging, but perhaps less 'traditional'. Gearing played a role... at least for me with my (silly) choice of one front 42T chainring.

Please post your race reports!
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011