IMC

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

mlawless

IMC

Post by mlawless »

Cyndi & I are going to cycle up to the start in the morning and then hang around for T1 for a while. Then we are going to see if the kids have woken up. If you are around look for Easter egg costumes.
Michael
Chris Watt

Re: IMC

Post by Chris Watt »

I'll only just get there in time to see the finish- around 3pm. I'll look for you.

Cheers,
Chris
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

If anyone is around we are planning to be at the Peach at 3:00 to watch the finish.

Michael
Rita

Post by Rita »

Hey Michael et al.,
we spotted you this morning ;) but we were too slow to react to chase you and we had a good spot for the swim start already. We'll be on the bleachers later on again, probably around 22.00.
I love the atmosphere, it's amazing to see the athletes accomplishing their goal.
Rita
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

The bleachers completely fill up again for the last half hour before the midnight cutoff. With the lights and the jumbotron and the cheering and the music it is an epic thing to absorb. I have to drive out on course again to pickup some equipment then I'll be back for the last couple of hours.
Rita

Post by Rita »

WOW, what an amazing event that was. I'm still pumped from the positive vibes in the finish area during the last 2 hours of the 17hour race! The athletes were giving so much and the crowd carried them the last few meters by their enormous cheers. I had never experienced anything like that before and I would totally watch it again. The most amazing athlete was the guy who came to the 2km to go line at 23:45, followed by - what I guessed was the sweep car. He was walking and didn't look like he could run anymore. I didn't think that he would make it in time, but with about 10-15secs left, he entered the last 50m and the crowd went crazy. I got so excited watching the man running the last few meters crossing the finish line after 16hrs 59min 57secs. COOL STUFF and highly inspirational 8)
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

mlawless wrote:
I think so far we have:
Chris W.
Bill
Sarah
Michael
Brian S.
Quentin

I am sure that there are others I have forgotten - besides what else are you planning on doing for 12 or so hours that day anyways!

Michael
OK so of that list Michael, how many put down the cash?
Tutto il rosa della vita
Chris Watt

Post by Chris Watt »

Brian- just Mike and I put down cash but we did sign you and everyone else up.

You owe us 602 bucks.

No rush.

Cheers,
Chris
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

OK Chris, but I think you should pay me to train with you. Even?? :roll:
Tutto il rosa della vita