New V2W information and updates

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Paul C.

New V2W information and updates

Post by Paul C. »

Hi Tripleshot guys and gals. since I entered the Whistler Granfondo in May I have had some communication with "Mara"' who efficiently answers my emails.
1. I recently asked her if at the big rest stop and aid station in Squamish could a team, such as us, have a person hand any tripleshotters in Cat 3 and in the other 4000 cyclists bottles or snacks. She is getting back to me, but from reading the rules over again it seems possible[I mean really, in N2V Cops ride, who else looked like a PRO team besides us???? We even had a number of domestiques get me water.

2. Brian probably knows this ,but any members that are registered ,but did not put down TSC as team name has to cc Brian in an email to Mara by August 22[I think thats the date, check website] and Brian needs to confirm it with them.

3. She confirmed that we can enter our appropriate starting zones as early as 6 a.m. and get a spot, turn our bike upside down and check in our bag, have a triple shot of coffee, visit washroom, and tell each other how sharp we look!! [remember we will be there with about 3975 other keeners like us...they are closing the streets starting at 3a.m.]

That's it for now...its in only 3 weeks!!! Anyone going longer this Saturday, Sunday ??or join Mark Ford and myself next Wednesday for the 'double wammy ride': Hills with TSC then 100km at 9a.m. with WMG ride " Ken Bonner coffee ride to Sidney" note to --- Lawyers , Government workers,Doctors: Wednesday can be called continuing education or an important breakfast meeting. cheers, Paul C.
JohnT

Re: New V2W information and updates

Post by JohnT »

The turning your bike upside down is common practice for holding a spot in a starting grid. But, there's a big risk. I did this in Whistler in a MTB race many years ago. Just before the start I turned it back on it's wheels. Off goes the gun and hey, why can't I change gears? It had toopled (on it's own or with help) , bent the derailer hanger, but then been put back on it's seat and handle bars so it looked fine when I returned. Ever since then (trying to climb the ski hill without a functional derailer wasn't fun) I've used a bike stand. Of course you have to have someone to hand the stand before you ride off.

Just a warning,

JT
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Geez, guys. The answer to that little conundrum is only $8.75 + HST:

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_deta ... 4302888170

I'm sure they come in crabon fribé.
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Paul C. wrote:2. Brian probably knows this ,but any members that are registered ,but did not put down TSC as team name has to cc Brian in an email to Mara by August 22[I think thats the date, check website] and Brian needs to confirm it with them.
As far as I know, the Tripleshot team is full so if you haven't joined TS and you want to still be on a team, you have to msg me to join "Triple Shot Cycling 2" (which is currently a team of 1).

Brain: If I'm wrong about this, please let me know as I'd gladly ditch TS2 to join TS.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I don't remember being asked about a team when I registered, but I could have missed it. Quentin, can I join ts2?

L
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Kevin F

Post by Kevin F »

I'm not in the 'team' but I am a TSer of course. I'll be happy to pull my share in the pace line and suck a few wheels :mrgreen:
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Thanks everyone for your input and questions--I think all of the above is accurate, although I thought the teams database was shut down by the organizers a few days ago. Team size is 9, i recall, so late adds officially would go to TS2. I agree completely that 'team' is defined only in the dbase. We can all ride together as much as we want (or can?). Back this week--will likely get out Wed/Friday and we can chat.
Brian
Tutto il rosa della vita
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Lister:

I think you should be on the TS team by default from my registration in January.

Josh
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

There are 1 or 2 V2W entries available,but they have to be confirmed by August 23..sorry I don t have better info but if you phone John or Lorinda Crouch [number in phone book] they can put you in touch with their friend. There may still be one online somewhere that Lister posted about afew days ago. pauk C.
EricS

Post by EricS »

A friend of mine got a spot yesterday. Apparently there is a Facebook page for this. What IS Facebook anyway?

He told me that today was the final day for transferring registrations.

Eric
Eric Simonson
wonger

Post by wonger »

Can anyone give Chris Fraser a heads up? He was looking earlier.