Sardinia 2011

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Sardinia 2011

Post by Plawless »

Ok folks time to man (and woman) up in the baby blues and time to put some $ down for the best cycling experience of your life. Alan Dave Chris F adn I are in. Who else?

Details of last year may be found here: http://www.peteranne.it/index_Page491.htm

It was absolutely spectacular. If you dont believe me ask Dave. If you ride in our A group you would have ZERO difficulty not being last in the Gran Giro. Again if you dont believe me ask Dave. It is a truly Pro experience with team cars, tv motos, neutral support, leaders jerseys & chip timing. It would be great to not have to look to other countries to fill out our TTT team...

Dave and I also HIGHLY reccomend getting booked as soon as possible so that you get into the main hotel as that is where all the action (podiums etc) takes place and should eliminate lots of driving.

More details:

I received the following email early this morning:
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:54 AM
To: 'TheLemonHouse'
Subject: I: Giro of Sardinia 2011: advance booking info

The full programme will be availabe at the end of August, but in broad terms should be:-
Sunday 24 (Easter) – individual TT (20/30 km, flat, near to hotel)
Monday 25 - granfondo sardegna (110 - 150 km) not difficult but lovely race in “wild” countryside: Arborea, Marceddì, Guspini & Montevecchio – routes divide- medio towards the Costa Verde then Marceddì and Arborea, gran giro to Guspini, Ingurtosu, the Dune di Piscinas and then the Costa Verde then Marceddì and Arborea; in the Lungo there’ll be 5 km of unmade road and two fords!
Tuesday 26 - from Arborea to Barumini with a loop around the Giara di Gesturi (up and down, but mostly flat)
Wednesday 27 - from Arborea to Cuglieri then going to Fordongianus and Arborea –Hilly stage-
Thursday 28 – Team time trial (30/40 km flat – probably Sinis peninsula)
Friday 29 - from Arbus (or Portoscuso or Gonnosfanadiga) to Fluminimaggiore, Iglesias, Nebida coast, Buggerru, Arbus - mountain stage
Saturday 30 - from Arborea a short flattish stage probably by age categories (Like at Alghero 2009)

The race entry fees will be as usual: men 100 euro, women 50, tour 50 (if you don’t stay in the hotels it will cost 200 euro men and 100 women)

The hotel for a week (Saturday-Saturday full board) will cost per person:
standard room 490 euro
superior room 520 euro
small villa 560 euro
suite 630 euro

For entries after 31/12 you pay an extra 100 euro

The programme will be published at the end of August and you can book from then. To reserve a room, you can pay 300 euro to Mare and Monti and the rest will be payable as usual by the end of Feb 2011.

Cheers Peter & Anne
matteo

Re: Sardinia 2011

Post by matteo »

Hi Peter!
I'm not completely sure yet, but there's a very good chance I'm in.
Where is the hotel? I'll have to figure out how to get there from the ferry.
Would there be more expenses other than entry fee and hotel?
Matteo Sesia
Barry McKee

Post by Barry McKee »

I'm in. I still have a few questions, such as: Flight routing advice, travel dates, do you fly through Rome, etc. I'm in and out of town for most of August so if I can get this down by email, PM or through the Board, that would be great. Thanks.

Barry
Dave Spiers

Post by Dave Spiers »

Hey Barry, good to here your in. You will have a blast!
# 9
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Nancy says, "You can go if you want to" so it's looking like I'm in. What arrangements, if any, has anyone made regarding travel and room sharing?