Giro of Sardinia

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Dave Spiers

Giro of Sardinia

Post by Dave Spiers »

As most of the members know, Peter, Alan and I went to Sardinia earlier this year for the Giro of Sardinia (Alan took a detour and unfortunatly got stuck in Paris and never made it) There was a lot of talk about going back next year with a bigger group.
Well the time is here to get started on the bookings. Last time we were late booking and ended up in a decent hotel but not the host hotel, the awards and results are all at the host hotel and there was a constant buzz at this hotel, not so much at ours. We made note that next time we would book into the host hotel and be in the thick of things. The hotel will be taking bookings soon and has limited space. So far we have four confirmed (Peter,Alan,Chris Fraser,Me) to go and two on the fence(Chris Watt and Mateo).
If you have any intrest in this fantastic, brilliant, great, awesome, great value sufferfest, then nows the time to giddy-up and talk to Peter and/ or myself. The routes are yet to be confirmed but the hotel has been picked.
# 9
Barry McKee

Re: Giro of Sardinia

Post by Barry McKee »

Heh Dave: Would you be able to share a few basics, such as approx. dates, travel time and costs? It sounds fascinating. Thanks.

Barry
Dave Spiers

Post by Dave Spiers »

Next year dates are Saturday April 3rd to April 30th.
Its a long trip. We will likely leave on Thursday depending on the available flights and return on the Monday after the race.
The race entry was 100 euro, between flight, hotel and car rental we spent about $3000 each. Not a cheap trip, but!
I can,t find the link to the event, maybe Peter can post this?
# 9
matteo

Post by matteo »

Dave Spiers wrote:Next year dates are Saturday April 3rd to April 30th.
Is it really that long? I thought it was a week or so...
I'll have a week off from university on April, from the 21st to the 27th.
If the race is on that week, and depending on the costs, I'd really like to join you.
Matteo Sesia
Dave Spiers

Post by Dave Spiers »

Hi Matteo,
Hope your well. Yes you are right to question the dates, bit of a typo. April 23rd to April 30th are the corrected dates.
# 9
Barry McKee

Post by Barry McKee »

Thanks for the additional info Dave. A firm "maybe" from me. I would definitely like to discuss the event, and travel in more detail. The web link would be helpful too.

Barry