Cycling to Parksville July 24th

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Alan

Cycling to Parksville July 24th

Post by Alan »

On Saturday July 24th, Eric and I are planning to cycle to Parksville. We're sending on the support vehicles, loaded with wives, kids and kayaks, to meet us there.

The plan is to catch the Mill Bay Ferry from Brentwood at 7:30 so we'd be leaving Fairfield at 6:30.
We'll take part of the non-transcanada section from Mill Bay onward. It's about a 150 km total on the mapmyride map. Part of it will have to be on the highway, and the stretch around Nanaimo.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/canada/bc ... 0233783032

If anyone wants to join us--or at least come part way with us--send me an email at: cassels@uvic.ca
We're not looking for a hammerfest all the way but to keep up a good pace. It should be fun.
eric.partlow

Re: Cycling to Parksville July 24th

Post by eric.partlow »

Alan and I plan to leave fairfield tomorrow at 6:20ish, via DT, blue bridge, Goose to Switch bridge, out to interurban, to West Saan Rd, to Brentwood for the 7:30 ferry. Michael Lawless plans to join us for the first leg to Duncan. The ride from Mill Bay to Duncan on the back roads is very nice - I did it last year on the way to Genoa Bay. I think Michael plans to return via the Malahat.

I wish I could be here for the crit on Sunday. Hope all those that participate have a safe and fun race. We will be riding around central island this week. Lots of great rides there. see you in a week.
Cheers,
Eric