Windsor Park Crit - who's racing C?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Katie

Windsor Park Crit - who's racing C?

Post by Katie »

The OBB organizers have asked for an approximate number of racers hoping to race C this Sunday. They reiterated that decision to have a C race will depend on how many show up on Sunday, but if we can send the an approximate count ahead of time, it will help them plan the day.

So who's racing C?
Lister Farrar

Re: Windsor Park Crit - who's racing C?

Post by Lister Farrar »

see discussion in the windsor park crit thread also.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Roland

Post by Roland »

I found the following names in the other thread, I'm not sure how committed each person is:

Jeremy
Paul C
Bow
Eric S
Logan S
Rolf
Katie

There were 8 Cs out at the last VCL race. We should be able to get more than that for Windsor Park

I'd also recommend to any of the Bs that don't finish with the pack to drop down to C. If you find you are stronger than most of the Cs, don't blow the race apart, stick with the pack and help everybody get some bunch racing experience.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Roland wrote:If you find you are stronger than most of the Cs, don't blow the race apart, stick with the pack and help everybody get some bunch racing experience.
Great suggestion.

We could probably talk Greg George into it; he looked pretty good in the corners Monday am. And how about Mark and Marcus?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Greg George

Post by Greg George »

Lister: "We could probably talk Greg George into it"

I'll be on Salt Spring for the weekend. I have visions of laying in the sun on the dock at the lake. Realistically, I think my brother has ideas of making me ride up each and every hill on that island.....

Greg
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Talked to Scott at OBB earlier this afternoon and he said they weren't running a C race. Or maybe he was just trying to put me off racing C. Either way, I'd prefer to be in a group in which I could ride near the front and cut the chance of having to bunnyhop falling riders.

From your comment, Roland, do I grok they would likely run the B and C race together at 8:30? And does anybody know the number of laps? Or is that a secret unveiled only on the morning of?
Katie

Post by Katie »

Roland wrote:I found the following names in the other thread, I'm not sure how committed each person is:

Jeremy
Paul C
Bow
Eric S
Logan S
Rolf
Katie
You must be seeing things, cause I am certain I never said I would race!!
Jeff George

Post by Jeff George »

I'll make sure that Greg endures an appropriate amount of pain on Saltspring to make up for his missing the Crit. :D

See how helpful I am? It must feel so good for you all to have me back from Montreal.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I heard from Steve Lund. It seems a few of Aviawest's normal C group girls are tied up with BC Games. Of ours,Ernette is interested if it's a C race. Brenna, Alex, Emma, Amy and Eva are away. Haven't heard from Maddy.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

We need some TS riders to step up and post that they will do the C race. As Roland suggested, it wil be a kinder gentler version of the B race. In fact, it should be a moderate group ride around the corners. (If I was here, I would offer to ride and coach a bit; maybe someone else can for their warm-up? Get them to take the right line thorugh corners, short pulls and not cook themselves, etc.?)

For those going to watch, it's also a great way to have a perspective on what the As and Bs will be doing when you watch those. You'll know what that corner feels like, what's a good line, and whether someone is doing too much work, or sitting on and getting ready to win the sprint.

Volunteers? Post here and we'll lobby the organizers.

L
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Lister,

I am more than happy to be there for the warm up and try to fill the shoes (lace ups of course) of our EuroPro.

Peter
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Thanks BotswanaPro, er, I mean Peter. :twisted:

FYI, I've also asked Jairus if any of his group could be persuaded to ride "C" as well. He's at 'jairus(at)uvic.ca' if anyone wants to follow up. I'm on the road as of tomorrow morning.

Cheers
Lister
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I'm committed to being in the C race, if there is one. "C" is for "Cool", or "Crikey, it's my first Crit!"

Thanks for offering to add value and order to our experience, Pete.
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I'm in for the c race
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Roland

Post by Roland »

OBB wrote:So it looks like there are a lot of people who want to run a "Group C" category for the Windsor Park Crit this Sunday. If everyone who says they want to ride C shows up, we'll definitely open up the category. No sandbaggers!
Alright, let's see a good turnout for this race. No excuses -- this means you, Rolf!
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I'll be there on the tandem with Carly
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Roland wrote:Alright, let's see a good turnout for this race. No excuses -- this means you, Rolf!
I can't chicken out this time -- my girls are going to rock the kids' challenge and I've got to set a good example!
2hotty

Post by 2hotty »

If we get the numbers, there will be a C group?
Katie

Post by Katie »

Just got this from Gillian at OBB:
C race: we will make a decision morning of, but I think most likely we will end up running a C race at 830 (when the B race was scheduled to start). It may end up pushing the other races back a bit but that's ok..and if we get a good field that will be awesome for getting out some more riders!
Don't forget to get there nice and early for registration!