Windsor park Crit

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

jeremy

Windsor park Crit

Post by jeremy »

Hey Guys and Gals, just wondering who is thinking about doing windsor park this year? there are 2 (maybe 3) races.
Group A - mens elite,
Group B - intermediate,
and Possibly a Group C - Novice (if there is enough interest)
I would personally prefer to race in group C, anyone else interested in doing this with me??

And all you with Jr. Tripleshotters there will be a kids fun race too!!

http://oakbaybikes.com/oak-bay-bicycles ... dsor-park/
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
shawnc

Re: Windsor park Crit

Post by shawnc »

Do the A and B races at Windsor Park line up with the A and B groups at other VCL races? In other words, would someone who rides A the rest of the year be ok in the A group at Windsor?

Regardless, I plan to be there.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

I may do Windsor park Crit. and if a few others [including Beau] do a C group I would be inclined to also. Lister's Thursday a.m. group has been great training for a crit or any race. I believe it is on again this Thursday at Windsor Park.... Hope to see lots of you at Caleb Pike this Wednesday... and reminder for Bill E. to bring the jersey you are lending me to the Tuesday ride. Paul C.
EricS

Post by EricS »

Jeremy,

I have never raced before, but I would like to try it some time. I will join you in the C group. My son Logan may join in as well. We will come out to Lister's Thursday Cornering Session to get a feel for the course. Cornering is the one thing that scares me about racing, but I suppose I need to step up and give it a go.

Count me in.
Eric Simonson
watwin

Post by watwin »

Definately want to give this one a go as I've never tried a crit before, probably in the B group (men's elite sounds kind of, well, elite). Does it work the same way as the other VCL races (ie show up and sign up) or is there some kind of pre-race-day register?

Alec
Roland

Post by Roland »

It is sign up on the day, same categories as VCL. If there are a decent number willing to race C, we should be sure to let the organizers know ahead of time.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I'd be into a C race. As in: "let's C if we can all stay rubber down!"

Can you let OBB know of this thread, Jeremy? Or if they require a direct expression of interest, please let us know.
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

I am in for the B group. My kids will be racing too.
To register your kids send an email to sharon.white@telus.net:

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:24 PM
To: Sharon White
Subject: Kids Challenge - Oak Bay Bikes Cop for Cancer Race, Sunday, July 25

Want some free fun for the kids? The Oak Bay Bikes Cops for Cancer Race, Sunday, July 25 features a Kids Challenge at 9:30 a.m. at Windsor Park in Oak Bay. Kids 12 and under ride for fun. Please register by return email with child(rens) name, age, parents name, and contact information. Check-in is at 9 a.m. For more information call 250 598-4111. Registration is free, but limited to the first 150.

The Oak Bay Bikes Cops for Cancer Race is a fund-raiser for the Tour de Rock Cops for Cancer campaign. For more information about the races see www.oakbaybikes.com

(Please note that this email distribution list is from the Bob Cameron Law Cycling Series’ Timbit Challenge – we are using contact information solely to promote free physical activity opportunities and cycling for kids).
Ian

Post by Ian »

I'm in for the B race.
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

I'm in for the A race. Last shot at a flat crit this year - can't wait!
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

Not quite the last, the "Steveston Sockeye Spin" is Sunday August 15. Im going to be heading over and doing this one, anyone else interested? Early bird registration ends july 23.

more info: http://www.cyclingbc.net/road-online-registrations
course map: http://www.stevestoncommunitysociety.co ... aceMap.pdf
Adam de Vos
Roland

Post by Roland »

AdamD wrote:
Not quite the last, the "Steveston Sockeye Spin" is Sunday August 15. Im going to be heading over and doing this one, anyone else interested? Early bird registration ends july 23.
Ooh, Cat 4 is by itself. I wonder if I'm busy that weekend?
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

Ooh, Cat 4 is by itself. I wonder if I'm busy that weekend?
I actually think it's better to compete in cat 3/4 races because each category is awarded its own upgrade points. It's a fairly safe bet that the lead riders will be mostly cat 3 and that the majority of dropped riders will be cat 4. A cat 4 rider who can hang on near the front and place decently well overall can score a good number of upgrade points due to the lack of competition in the lead group.

That's my strategy anyway :D
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

It's the awesome Nanaimo 2 Victoria ride on August 15, partly organized by some good TripleShotters. This thingie: http://tripleshotcycling.servebbs.com/v ... f=1&t=1197

Surely cruising the Island Highway in one's own police-closed lane (and helping raise funds to beat cancer) is more fun (and important) than enhancing one's standing with Cycling BC? :P
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Roland wrote:Ooh, Cat 4 is by itself. I wonder if I'm busy that weekend?
I'd rather do a 3/4 race too
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Josh.E wrote:where did you read that? I'd rather do a 3/4 race too, or just keep with the VCL A,B,C thing.
That's for Steveston on August 15: http://www.stevestoncommunitysociety.co ... etails.pdf
Roland

Post by Roland »

Rolf wrote:It's the awesome Nanaimo 2 Victoria ride on August 15, partly organized by some good TripleShotters. This thingie: http://tripleshotcycling.servebbs.com/v ... f=1&t=1197
Ahh, that's it. I thought I had something planned that weekend. Why keep a calendar when I can just ask the internet.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

sylvan wrote:
Josh.E wrote:where did you read that? I'd rather do a 3/4 race too, or just keep with the VCL A,B,C thing.
That's for Steveston on August 15: http://www.stevestoncommunitysociety.co ... etails.pdf
hehe, just figured that out. Caught me before I edited my post.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Josh.E wrote: I'd rather do a 3/4 race too
That's because you've got Cat 3 fitness.
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

Any word on what time the Windsor crit is? It still says TBA on the VCL schedule.