Good Luck / Best Wishes Shawn!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Good Luck / Best Wishes Shawn!

Post by Plawless »

Shawn is getting married tomorrow. I think he has even said he is going to ride in the morning (but has to be home by 9 :shock: ). I had no idea he had a pair that big! Anyway congratulations Shawn. We will all look forward to you getting back all fat and married after the honeymoon!

Peter
jeremy

Re: Good Luck / Best Wishes Shawn!

Post by jeremy »

Congrats Shawn!!
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
AlW

Post by AlW »

Best wishes Shawn.

Don't forget to wear a TS jersey under your suit.....
matteo

Post by matteo »

Congratulations Shawn! Are you really riding in the morning?? :lol:
Matteo Sesia
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

WOOO Congrats Shawn!
I remember the first ride all the high school guys were out on was when no one fully knew you yet either, and everyone kept on asking you if you were in high school too. :wink:
ps I heard baby blue tuxes are back in style!
Adam de Vos
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Congratulations Shawn. Cycling will make you a healthy husband - you'll be there for her well into your ninties.

John
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I heard a rumour of Shawn being recently sighted riding around downtown in a speedo?!?

Was that a bachelor party thing?

Congrats Shawn. Welcome to the other side. 8)
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Rita

Post by Rita »

Plawless wrote: We will all look forward to you getting back all fat and married after the honeymoon!
Peter
Wishful thinking, Peter. The newly wed-ones will go on a cycling honeymoon - hehe!

Congrats from me too!
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Congrats Shawn!

Nice speedo, BTW!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Congratulations Shawn!

I think Adam's right, a baby blue tux is really the only way to start off the marriage on the right foot... :lol:
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

Thank you everyone!

Though I previously made bold pronouncements about riding tomorrow morning, I feel my cojones shrinking as tomorrow approaches (could be something to do with the chilly ride last night...). I may come out for a bit, but the Tuesday morning ride looks a lot more promising as we're not catching the Coho ferry until 10:30AM.

And yes, the rumours about my stag last night are true. Highlights include the cops who pulled us over on our bikes and told me that marriage is the last decision I'll ever make, the European tourists who just wanted a picture of my Cervelo, and the McDonald's manager who realized I was technically in compliance with their "no shoes, no shirt, no service" policy since I only lacked pants (and any sense of decency).

As for the supposed speedo, my guys didn't let me off that easily! I didn't know until last night that women's underwear makes a man thong when you wear it backwards. My poor creaky saddle will never be the same... :shock:

Countless innocent bystanders took photos of the grim procession last night, so I'm sure you'll see far more of me than you ever wanted if you spend some time trolling the internets.

I'll see you all after my six million kilometre honeymoon, which will make me a better cyclist than I was before. Better, stronger, faster.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

shawnc wrote:Though I previously made bold pronouncements about riding tomorrow morning, I feel my cojones shrinking as tomorrow approaches...
Haha, cojones shrinking, not necessarily. Mind clearing, definitely. We'll have a good ride in your honour tomorrow. Have a great day and we'll see you in a couple of weeks. Hopefully less of you than was seen last night.
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

I'll see you all after my six million kilometre honeymoon...
The lucky ones find a cycling-friendly life partner. :D Best wishes, Shawn. I look forward to dueling with you once again Tuesdays on your return.

Ryan
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Very happy for you Shawn! And very impressed with your dedication to our sport.

I wish you and your no-doubt lervely spouse all the best for a long life of sharing and mutual understanding. Have a wicked time on the Oregon Coast. I really hope you suffer through a couple of seat-rinsing rainstorms before I have to draft you again!

Ride on...
dreeves

Post by dreeves »

Congratulations, Amigo

Wishing you tailwinds and sunshine all the way down the coast!

Dylan
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

shawnc wrote: As for the supposed speedo, my guys didn't let me off that easily! I didn't know until last night that women's underwear makes a man thong when you wear it backwards.
I just hope you don't decide to make this your "one piece of flair"
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Congratulations Shawn! 'Sounds like you had a better experience than I did on my stag when George Thorogood's 'One Bourbon, one scotch and one beer' was the unfortunate theme song. One tends to forget the 'one' part of that after the first round... :oops:
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4