Awesome fundraising idea, need bike stands

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

andrea

Awesome fundraising idea, need bike stands

Post by andrea »

Hello,

I am in need of one or more bike stands (the ones that turn a regular bike into a stationary bike) for a fundraiser. The idea is that myself and some interested high school kids will pedal the bikes in a popular downtown area in order to raise money for a well in Uganda where kids have to ride or walk long distances in order to get unclean water. (See NUDF.org) If anyone has one I can borrow for a day for this, or a used one I can buy, please get back to me. My e-mail is rhino_hornbill@hotmail.com.

Thanks A Lot,
Andrea
Barry McKee

Re: Awesome fundraising idea, need bike stands

Post by Barry McKee »

Andrea: I have a "wind-trainer" that you can use. Please call me at 250-721-3499 to discuss arrangements. Also, I would like to hear more about the project. It sounds fabulous.

Barry
Ian

Post by Ian »

Andrea,
I have one as well that I would be more than happy to lend for the day. My cell is 250 588 0983. Don't call tomorrow as I'm in a first aid course all day, but any weekday this week will be fine!
And yes, I'm curious to hear about this fundraiser as well! Perhaps post more details?
EricS

Post by EricS »

I've got one you can borrow. I'll just need it back by next January when I plan on doing my one indoor ride of 2011.

Call Eric @ 250-592-3546
Eric Simonson
andrea

Post by andrea »

This is great!

The main event will be on June 26th. It is a pilot fundraiser. I've never tried this before but I think it will work well and then I'll keep doing it and maybe it will get bigger and bigger. I'm not sure where the main ride will be, I am going to the bylaw office in city hall to find out about any restrictions on doing this sort of thing. We'll be raising money but just as important, letting people know about the organisation, the issues in Northern Uganda, and how they can help.

Thanks for the great response, if anyone would like to ride a bike at the even they are more than welcome to join in.
My number is 778-678-3641 if you would like to get involved.
Andrea
EricS

Post by EricS »

Hi Andrea,

I have had no success reaching you on this phone number (tried 3 times). Are you still out there? Could I get my trainer back please? I miss stubbing my toe on it.

Anyone else out there know Andrea (McDonald I think)?

Thanks,

Eric
Eric Simonson
andrea

Post by andrea »

Oh shoot. i didn't realize that was your only way of getting a hold of me. Your bike stand is at my sister's house in Victoria. I will call her and get her to call you. (I just shouldn't put her number on line right now.) I moved out two months ago and the bike stand has been at her house I thought she had given them back already. I'm really sorry about this.

Andrea