Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Duane

Bear Mtn results

Post by Duane »

jeremy

Re: Bear Mtn results

Post by jeremy »

Great work Guys and Girls, Shawn you beat alot of the cat 1,2, and 3's that's awesome!!!
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Roland

Post by Roland »

I beat my time from 2 years ago by about 10 seconds. Looking at my stats, it took too long for my heart rate to get up. I think that means I didn't do a proper warm up.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34922636
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

Thanks Jeremy!

The race went a lot better than I expected. Josh, Bruce and I climbed Bear Mountain last Sunday as I was on the cusp of bonking and I barely managed to keep up with them. That left me feeling a little worried about the climb on Friday.

However, a few of us climbed it for a pre-race warm up and it was a hundred times easier so I felt a lot better mentally when I was on the starting line. During the race I made a point of staying seated as much as possible, which I think helped me keep a fast pace while not burning out too soon.

I think out of all the races I've done now, hill-climbs are my favourite. I like the mix of racing solo while still picking riders off ahead of you, and it seems you get more for your suffering compared to a long road race, where so much is focused on the last few minutes and all the hard work during the rest of it can mean nothing.