Friday May 28

Moderator: mfarnham

AlW

Friday May 28

Post by AlW »

A dozen or so stalwarts showed up for this mornings rather wet ride. Wind, rain and cold (I consider 10C in late May to be cold) made it rather unpleasant.

Kudos to the following are in order:

- Jen, for showing up even though she is doing the hill climb tonight (and riding out)
- Brian Shipley, for braving the elements with no gloves (again)
- Rolf, for riding a bike manufactured within the last 5 years (you are now permanently spoiled)
- The 3 high school girls that Lister recruited (one wearing soccer shorts and runners. now that's committment!)

Double points for all!
Roland

Re: Friday May 28

Post by Roland »

AlW wrote: - Rolf, for riding a bike manufactured within the last 5 years (you are now permanently spoiled)
?????????
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Roland: Wilier Triestina Mortirolo, all Campy.

It's presently sitting in my office, across the desk from me. We keep exchanging secret little smiles.

Too bad it belongs to someone else. But I'm going to enjoy riding a laserbeam tomorrow!

It was great to see the parade of new faces continuing. I find new riders who come out on mornings like this pretty inspiring.
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

Rolf: I know what you mean about the secret smiles. Every time I have my bike in my office I keep glancing at it wistfully. The morning sunbeam always brings out its best features...
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Rolf forget to mention the "flair" he also picked up with the bike... what sort of look are you exchanging with those shoes???

Also are winter gloating points available in May (which felt like November but just lighter out & warmer)? Kudos to the keen souls at Pareto this morning!
AlW

Post by AlW »

Jen,

I took it upon myself to bestow double points to all attendees this morning, however, I think you are due triple points for showing up this am even though you're doing the hill climb tonight.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

AlW wrote:A dozen or so stalwarts showed up for this mornings rather wet ride. Wind, rain and cold (I consider 10C in late May to be cold) made it rather unpleasant.

Kudos to the following are in order:

- Jen, for showing up even though she is doing the hill climb tonight (and riding out)
- Brian Shipley, for braving the elements with no gloves (again)
- Rolf, for riding a bike manufactured within the last 5 years (you are now permanently spoiled)
- The 3 high school girls that Lister recruited (one wearing soccer shorts and runners. now that's committment!)

Double points for all!
I should point out that Amy, the one in soccer shorts, was recruited by her friend Alex, who is the daughter of a family friend. Brenna was recruited by Amy. The two new ones, Teagan and Farida were recruited by Eric Sorenson at Oak Bay High. It's a viral thing, I think, like the rest of the club. I'm just the lucky person that gets to coach such keeners. But they definitely deserve double points for showing up and riding and being so cheerful about it.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Rolf wrote:Roland: Wilier Triestina Mortirolo, all Campy.

It's presently sitting in my office, across the desk from me. We keep exchanging secret little smiles.
I see the cold shower yesterday am didn't work...

I'm also seeing a neglected, loyal, steel steed, a little like the abandoned salt shaker in the commercial. Fie on such fickle whims! :)
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Fear not Lister. After cramping both calves on hill #2 and then perching my shivering posterior atop its anal-probe of a seat for 3.27 hours today in the rain, the Wilier has lost its appeal.

Nice bike and all, but I'm looking forward to getting back on the Bianchi. Fit matters!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Rolf wrote:...then perching my shivering posterior atop its anal-probe of a seat...
You're not supposed to have the seat tilted back that far... :lol: