Fantastic Sponsorship News

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Fantastic Sponsorship News

Post by Plawless »

So thanks to the awesome efforts of Jeff & Kristine George we have now received a significant sponsorship from Spinnakers! What a great thing for Spinakers to do - and its entirely in keeping with their long standing reputation for community mindedness!

I am happy to discuss the details with anyone but am a little reluctant to post those details on the web. In any event we are adding the Spinnakers logo to our new gear and moving forward with that order asap.

The 30 thousand foot view of this sponsorship is to:

a. subsidize some race registrations for our developing Race Team (we are now racing as "Tripleshot/Spinnakers")

b. Provide an honorarium to someone to take on organizing/coaching a junior team in some form

c. helping out the juniors with race reg etc.

Spinnakers will also provide beer etc to give away at our races and get a big banner or something like that.

Jeff has also floated the following (which I think is FREAKING AWESOME!!!):

It would also be great to see a beer that uses the TripleShot name. Because of the club’s deep roots in coffee (where our name came from), winters at Spinnakers could introduce TripleShot Espresso Stout (which could use coffee from a local partner like Discovery Coffee, for example).

So again a big thanks to Jeff and Kristine. We shoudl also congratulate Jeff on his recent appointment as the VP - Sponsorship for the Club. Keep up the good work Jeff! I like what you did yesterday but what have you done today??

Peter
JohnT

Re: Fantastic Sponsorship News

Post by JohnT »

Peter/Jeff,

There's something I need that our new sponsor might be able to help with ...... a spinnaker.
Ha, ha, ha, I'm so #!#@ funny. I do need a spinnaker though.

Well done Jeff,

JT
Roland

Post by Roland »

I think we should celebrate this new sponsorship with a trip to Spinnakers one Friday/Saturday evening in the near future.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
dreeves

Post by dreeves »

I concur with Banana Man. A trip to Spinnakers is a must!

d
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I'm buddies with Logan, the owner of Discovery Coffee. Let me know if we want to approach them about using their espresso for a beer. I betcha he'd be into an idea like that.

Josh
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

TripleShot... BEER!?!? I must be dreaming...

Thanks, Jeff & Kristine!
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Awesome news!!!!!
Jeff George

Post by Jeff George »

Josh:

I remember you mentioning to me some time ago that you're friends with Logan, so am happy to see you mention it again here. Paul at Spinnakers liked the idea of connecting with Discovery, so if you can send me your (and/or Logan's) e-mail address, I'll put Discovery in touch with Spinnakers.

My address is
jeffgeorge
at
telus
dot
net

Thanks!
jg
Alan

Post by Alan »

What an awesome combination--coffee, beer and cycling--the triple crown of everything that makes life worth living. Now, if we could only add in some hardy bagpipe music, I'd be in my own little heaven. Let's make that Spinnaker's party happen soon....
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Awesome news, way to go Jeff, and I'm in agreement a spinnakers night is a must, I'll be drinking the Tripleshot rum and Cokes :wink:
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

In other sponsorship news, It looks like we're going to be getting 50% @ pure vanilla on wednesday mornings, should have it set up by next week.
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

BLISS! Thanks, Jeremy. I'd be in favour of re-jigging all our routes to end up in the back garden at PV. Their coffee's that good.