TTT on the mainland

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

steven grandy

TTT on the mainland

Post by steven grandy »

I just spoke to the organizer of the warp speed tt. (Stuart Lynne) He says that if there are enough teams for the ttt then cycling BC will award upgrade points. It might be a combined 3/4 race so I don't know how pts will be distributed.
More than 6 teams should be enough.
Plawless

Re: TTT on the mainland

Post by Plawless »

Who else is into this? Josh and I are putting together a team... We both are going to do the ITT and then the TTT. C'mon Easter Eggs. Its your only chance to get some race pace TTT practice - dont forget the main event is only 6 weeks away!
Roland

Post by Roland »

I'm kinda thinking about doing this, do you think the timing will work to get the ITT, some recovery and the TTT in?

It'll take an hour fifteen to get there from the ferry. I'd guess the earliest spot we can ask for in the ITT is 10:15am and still get some warmup in. So we finish ITT at 10:45 and then have to start TTT sometime before noon?

I think it'll work if the organizers will give us a ITT spot between 10:15 and 10:30.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

I'm interested in doing it, but I would understand if you'd prefer someone with more race experience. However, I'd really like to get experience in this area, so keep me in mind...:)
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I'd be interested in getting a slower team together, but I don't know any details about this race, could someone enlighten me with the info about the race.
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I'd be interested in getting a slower team together, but I don't know any details about this race, could someone enlighten me with the info about the race.
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Roland

Post by Roland »

There is a TT and a TTT. The TT has a Merkx class for those without TT bikes.

http://www.escapevelocity.bc.ca/warpspeed
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I'm interested in heading over Sunday. Wondering if anybody wants to carpool and share the ferry costs? I can take 3 others in my car. Cheers, Jen
gav_eaton

Post by gav_eaton »

Just thought I would throw this out there for you guys racing in the TT this weekend.

If anyone is in need of aero bars - I have a really nice set of Profile carbon s-bend bars here if anyone would like to borrow them. They are extremely light and adjustable to pretty much any configuration.

Anyway, just drop me a note if you would like to come grab them from me.

And good luck this weekend guys - wish I could join you!
@#$& this 'work' stuff, I think I'll just go pro...
steve

Post by steve »

In case there is a need for two sets of aerobars, I have a set sitting in my garage that I am happy to lend out....

Steve