Saturday B Ride?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

wonger

Saturday B Ride?

Post by wonger »

Any appetite for a "B" ride early Saturday? I'd like to get out early but I'm pretty sure that I can't stick with the hammerfest.
Rolf

Re: Saturday B Ride?

Post by Rolf »

Mr. Wong: great idea! I've been contemplating joining the hammerheads some day but until I get back in form I figured the Joshfest would have me soloing pretty quick. I also can't afford the time for a full peninsula ride too often.

What about trying to stay with the speedsters along the water to Blenkinsop and then coming south down Shelbourne at a more leisurely pace?
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I'd also be into this
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
wonger

Post by wonger »

Cool! Add Hugh and that makes four of us for tomorrow - so far. Let's meet at the usual place at 6:00 (Pareto Logic parking lot). I'm thinking out West Saanich onto the peninsula and back through Mattick's Farm, but I'm open to suggestions. Up to 3 hours if you are game...

Rolf - just read your post more closely. I'm thinking of going a bit further - not sure how much time you have...
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Yeah, it's a busy morning of familying and I gotta be back by 8 at the latest. :x
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Sorry can't make for tomorrow, but I'm down for next saturday
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

are we meeting @ cook or fort... do I need to make a coffee or buy one?
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Wongo said 6 at Pareto and he may have gone to bed already, so I'll be there, Bikehart. Look forward to meeting you.
wonger

Post by wonger »

Well that was great. Two and a half hours, 25km/hr average including a wrong turn and a hike-a-bike over the McTavish interchange. By the look of the hammerfest group going by us at McTavish, I think we had a lot more fun - didn't hear a word coming from those guys! Anyone want to do it again next weekend? Stats posted in stats.
wonger

Post by wonger »

Planning to head out at 6:00 again this Saturday. Anyone interested in a longer ride at slightly less than hammerfest pace?

geoff
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

may I suggest that any Saturday B ride also start from Cook St. Starbucks at 6am? That way the B ride gets coffee and we all start from the same spot. It may even be that we ride together to Matticks and then split up into fast and less fast from there.

I just like the idea of everyone starting from the same spot - it seems more like 1 club to me somehow... :D
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

Given that some people are racing on the Mainland on Sunday, is there still a hammerfest planned for this Saturday?

Josh told me he probably won't be there so maybe we have to take out the "hammer" part. But I'd still like to ride so there's at least one tool who's interested...
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Unless we get another wind storm, I'll be there
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I'm thinking of skipping tomorrow and trying out the Saturday Bee Experience instead. I'll seeya at Cook St. Sbucks just before 6 for a pre-ride cortado.
steve

Post by steve »

I'm likely in for a Saturday ride but will meet you guys en route as always.

Steve
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

I will be there for coffee on Saturday! Hugh
wonger

Post by wonger »

Plawless wrote:may I suggest that any Saturday B ride also start from Cook St. Starbucks at 6am? That way the B ride gets coffee and we all start from the same spot. It may even be that we ride together to Matticks and then split up into fast and less fast from there.

I just like the idea of everyone starting from the same spot - it seems more like 1 club to me somehow... :D
What about every Wednesday when we meet in two different spots and then have coffee in two different spots?

Truthfully, I don't mind meeting with everyone. Misery loves company. I'm serious about a b-ride though. I need a pace that is less than 33k/hr for three hours and I hate to hold up a group that needs a hard pace to get in the workout they are looking for. See you Saturday.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Don't worry, Geoff. We'll be enjoying the view if I have anything to do with it.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

wonger wrote: What about every Wednesday when we meet in two different spots and then have coffee in two different spots?
Well, the simple answer on that one is that the Farm Team ride is not a Tripleshot Ride. Its a ride that has been going on for years independent of us. A number if our riders have been doing it though. (Actually my concern with the Farm Team is when a bunch of TSC folks show up and start thinking/behaving like its a TSC ride as its not)

The sanctioned (for insurance purposes) TSC Rides are:

Tues - box or Ring rd
Wed - Hills
Fri - Blenkinsop
Sat -Josh Sufferfest
Sun - Peninsula
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I'm up for a ride at 6:00, though I may also have a cornering practice at Bastion at that time with the high school riders. To be confirmed at the 2:45 OB High ride. Others welcome if they're looking to try the course when it's quiet with a group.

There was talk of the Josh SufferFest being less so because the hammer heads are away racing. Maybe start together and split if nec?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4