$550 Kinetic R1 Smart Trainer

post all stuff wanted and for sale here

Moderator: mfarnham

TriNick

$550 Kinetic R1 Smart Trainer

Post by TriNick »

Has had a replacement flywheel. Power curve is sometimes a little trippy, and takes a few seconds to catch up on larger efforts (ie. going from 150W to 500W can take 2-3s for the power curve to catch up). Has pretty good ride feel with the rock n' roll feature.
Bluetooth or ANT+ so it runs with pretty much any peripheral you can think of. I use my power pedals to sense the power and the trainer responds to this data to provide the resistance, I find this the most consistent. Sometimes my legs tell me the trainer by itself is not consistent, but that could just be my weak legs.
It also has the ability to hardwire via a typical printer connection cable, I haven't used this, but it is apparently only supported by PerfPro right now. All things considered, it's still a pretty rad trainer. I have 2 of them, and my GF doesn't need this anymore.
Reviews are all over the place, so I'd say do your own research before I attach a 5-Star review here. Personally, I'd say 4/5 stars just because of the lag. It's a calculated power curve, not strain gauged, so even with spin down calibration, I'm always hesitant to trust it.