Thank you Triple Shot

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

conway

Thank you Triple Shot

Post by conway »

I have just celebrated my 80th birthday, so this is opportune time to thank Triple Shot members for their very generous and encouragement support over the past 11 years. I have participate in the TS morning rides and the special (Three Ferry, Hurricane Ridge, Big Loop) rides. On many occasions during these rides, I received helpful comments of encouragement and on several occasions a helpful and friendly push on the back when struggling up a hill.

It is a credit to the Club and its members that all riders, regardless of ability, age or gender are encourage to ride with the club.

Thank you Triple Shot. I hope to continue to ride with the Club this year as a mature “C” rider with no aspirations of raising my game to the “Bs”!

Mark F.
Plawless

Re: Thank you Triple Shot

Post by Plawless »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!! it is all of us who are thanking you. Thanks for literally showing us the way! I have long held you out as a goal. You are such an awesome rider and club member and all around good person. Have a super next decade!

Peter

Ps. Enjoy being at the young end of the new age group!
steve

Post by steve »

Hey Mark,

Happy birthday! You are an inspiration to us all and I whole heartedly agree with Peter - we should be thanking you!

Steve
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Dear Mark: congratulations on this milestone and your many accomplishments. I miss our chats over porridge and I hope they can resume again soon.

Please have a look at this small tribute on the Club's Facebook page.
JamesB

Post by JamesB »

Hello Mark - was awesome to see You on your bike yesterday! And Yes to everything already posted here ... I too take great pleasure in seeing and continuing to learn about the path you've cut for us. I look fwd to more rides and coffees together - thanks for being such a wonderful example.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Happy Birthday Mark! You were one of the first Tripleshotters I rode with. I look forward to many more rides.

Martin
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

Mark you are truly an inspiration, not just for how much you ride, but in the way you ride with others, and your seemingly bottomless well of good cheer and good will.

My FAVOURITE personal Mark Ford anecdote:

One Sunday morning ride I was chatting with Mark and naturally we got to talking about his ridiculously long rides (as one does). Mark mentioned rather casually that he had ridden to Tofino earlier in the summer. So I said “wow, that’s amazing. I love Tofino. What a great place to end up. What did you do there? Go surfing? Walk the long beaches? Find a hot tub and collapse into a well-earned slumber?”

“No,” he replied without a hint of irony. “I had a bowl of soup and turned around to ride back.”

Ride on, Good Sir, ride on!
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Mark, Thank you! Hugh