Tripleshot T-shirt?

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Paul Chris

Re: Tripleshot T-shirt?

Post by Paul Chris »

Great to see this is happening.
It would be really easy to order a few long sleeved at the same time.

Could someone please add my name to the list, as I'm not sure how to do this☺☺
Paul C. One Large please
Maureen

Post by Maureen »

Interested in Buying:

Rob D
Martin
John D
Justine
Rolf
Greg F (I WAS heckling but I would like a T-shirt)
Louise F
Alan?
Craig B 1
Craig B 2
Craig B 3 ?
Ann
Garth C
Neil
Tim
Megan T
Lund
Claire
Nic L
Todd2
Mary
Todd Hallett
Steve Jennings
Marc
Eric S
Mark A
Jeremy S
Mikael
Deborah Miller
Alan Cook
Darren B
Norman Marcy
Dave Dallin 1
Dave Dallin 2
Dave Dallin 3
Steve Skrobek
Kenji
Maureen
Penny
Gerry L
Paul C
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

nterested in Buying:

Rob D
Martin
John D
Justine
Rolf
Greg F (I WAS heckling but I would like a T-shirt)
Louise F
Alan?
Craig B 1
Craig B 2
Craig B 3 ?
Ann
Garth C
Neil
Tim
Megan T
Lund
Claire
Nic L
Todd2
Mary
Todd Hallett
Steve Jennings
Marc
Eric S
Mark A
Jeremy S
Mikael
Deborah Miller
Alan Cook
Darren B
Norman Marcy
Dave Dallin 1
Dave Dallin 2
Dave Dallin 3
Steve Skrobek
Kenji
Maureen
Penny
Gerry L
Paul C
Andrew Attwell
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Hi folks.

I have a preliminary draft from Shenannigans.

I'm not sure if I've posted the image correctly so I'll need a computer geek to show me how.

Prices are 15 plus tax. If we order over 35 Current colour is black. Material is 100% cotton.

Here's what I'd like to see happen:

- Provide comments on the tshirt design and input on the slogan on the back. "a cycling club with a coffee problem"
- Make suggestions on colours that you'd like to see. Two colours will be produced. Currently I'm thinking black and orange to keep with the club's theme.

Once all of the information is finalized, I'll send a link much like for the purchase of the kit. You'll be able to select your size, gender and colour option. When we get to this stage there will be a window for placing orders. Let's try to make this all happen by January so we can have so new Tshirts in the new year.

Rob
Rob Duncan
mandreassen

Post by mandreassen »

Thanks Rob! I'm in but can't see the image for the shirt...Anybody else?
Ann

Post by Ann »

Here's the image:
ts t-shirt.png
EricS

Post by EricS »

That is sweet! Love it!

I would think "A coffee club with a cycling problem." may be funnier, but I'll buy one either way.

Thanks for getting this going!

Eric
Eric Simonson
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Hey Rob,

Thanks for taking this on. Shirt looks great. Since you're seeking input, how about a denim-ish blue with orange? It's a better match for the kit, and it is less Halloween inspired.

Will there be a women's t-shirt style option?

Thanks again,
L3
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Fozzy’s original suggestion (back a few pages) was “A coffee club with a cycling problem.” I like this. It shares a bit of our Club culture, delivered via wordplay and a mild, playful bit of self-deprecatory, Reader’s Digest humour.

It’s also enjoyably riffing on “a drinking club with a motorcycle problem” and other examples of humorous synchysis.

"A cycling club with a coffee problem" sorta misses the point, IMHO.

My first choice is still “The most important person on a group ride is everyone else.” Sure, it’s a bit bland for a T-shirt; but it strikes right at the heart of our Club.
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

With respect for all of the consideration here and above I think the coffee club with a cycling problem or the other way around is a bit lame. and does not distinguish us from the running club with a drinking problem ( hash house Harriers in victoria ) or other " beer club with a mothercycle problem "mottos out there. When we have some very respectable and unique approaches from our history that should continue to be stressed and repeated. " the most important person is everybody else on the ride"
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

While I'm a big fan of "The most important person..." I prefer it as a phrase not written down. It's perfect as word-of-mouth unofficial motto, but perhaps a bit pious once written down.

Apparently our t-shirts used to read, "Catch the early bus!" or something like that. Complete with a VW bus. Hmm...sounds familiar. Weird! ;)

Martin
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

How about "we don't all drink coffee" or "you can come, even if you drink tea."
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Applications from exceptional tea drinkers will be considered.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

How about.....
Attachments
TS Guy.jpg
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Actually Norm, the Hash House Harriers are 'a drinking club with a running problem', not the other way around.

- David B
Alan

Post by Alan »

Here it is ...

Tripleshot tshirt.png
Claire

Post by Claire »

mfarnham wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:03 pm While I'm a big fan of "The most important person..." I prefer it as a phrase not written down. It's perfect as word-of-mouth unofficial motto, but perhaps a bit pious once written down.
I fully agree with this. Unwritten club motto is definitely what that is and, IMO, where it best remain.

Here's a radical idea: a small and tasteful logo on the chest (not large and centred--too brash and show-offy, and a little juvenile, IMO), coffee cup and small "Victoria BC" on the sleeve. That's it. This would be something a lot of people could/would wear anywhere, not just to TS events (which is the only place the large logo version would really 'work').
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Hi all,

now that the club gear order is past you're probably thinking "I love my kit, but I also want to show off to others that I'm a cyclist" well since its pants weather and we can't display the crisp tan lines on our shaved and chiselled quad muscles, the next best thing is a spiffy T!

There's quite a number of people who have expressed interest on this thread. I'll have prices out shortly and then will set up a google doc (Ann can you help here?) for sign up. You'll need to put name shirt gender preference, size, and colour. See above for a sample of the shirt.

See yall out there in the dark, wet mornings...
Rob Duncan
Ann

Post by Ann »

rduncan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:00 pm There's quite a number of people who have expressed interest on this thread. I'll have prices out shortly and then will set up a google doc (Ann can you help here?) for sign up.
Yes, I can set up a spreadsheet. Let me know when you need it and I'll post a link here.
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

ann can you post a link here and on spond please?
Rob Duncan