Newton Heights on Sunday

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Newton Heights on Sunday

Post by Plawless »

C'mon its a sufferfest but it makes you strong! I am up for riding out - anyone else? Lets say 0815 at Buon Amicis for supercaffeination and 9:00 at the switch bridge?

Anyone, Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
Roland

Re: Newton Heights on Sunday

Post by Roland »

If you are wondering what Newton Heights is all about: http://connect.garmin.com/player/15010132

compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Is that John T. SMILING in the first photo? I knew he was different, but that's other-worldly...
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

The smile is gone by the last lap. You'd know that if I had the strength left to lift my head up.

So, if we go A here's a plan: Don't work at the front. If some A's express concern, let them go. Afterall, we're newbies. Then assemble into the TS train and slowly run them down. :twisted:

Lastly, someone contact Ryan. This morning (at Pure Vanilla) I suggested that he join us and he didn't say no. I little more encouragement and we might have an extra locomotive.

JT
aussieluke

Post by aussieluke »

Hey guys, would love to but going away for weekend, should be back on board for the next event though. Ill try not bonk this time :)
steve

Post by steve »

Dave rode by me during the Caleb Pike race and muttered something like "You should be out here suffering with me" every time he did a lap and it looks like there are some B positions to be filled on the triple shot roster... So I'm in pending approval from the CEO and barring me breaking something while removing fenders.

Anyone else interested in riding Bs? I'm taking Peter's attitude and considering it a chance to improve my fitness and have some fun....

Steve
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I'll give it a go... I'll be at the Switch Bridge for 9am. I'll try to remember to bring some fake fangs so i can get a finishing photo just like Roland!
Roland

Post by Roland »

The ride out is going to be nice and easy right?
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
bill

Post by bill »

See you all at 8:15am for a little caffine and some more soothing Beetles tunes.
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Oh, and Peter's got a new secret weapon! Actually 2... be there to see for yourself tomorrow!
Dave Spiers

Post by Dave Spiers »

I don't (can't) write a detailed race report and i'm sure someone will write a report and post the stats. But do want to give a pat on the back for the first timers, Jen, Mike and Steve who all did well. Rode out raced and then rode home. And another pat on the back to Jeremy and Sarah (who rode out and back) and all the other Tripleshot nuts that dragged their familys out to give support (or to have a laugh at our expense).
For all you other team members, if you have the time and would like to give it a shot but are not coming out to the race because you think your not fit enough,ask todays first timers, anyone who rides on the Tuesday/ Friday rides can do this, yes it's hard but it's short, fun and now that we have so many "A"s we need more "B"s.

Don't be shy!
# 9
steve

Post by steve »

I agree Dave, I had a great time and I think anyone could come out and give the races a go....
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported us, particularly Jeremy who told me the sweet lie "Looking good Steve" every lap when I was climbing!

Steve
bill

Post by bill »

Great Job all!!!!!!

Thanks to Dave for helping Sarah. Now you have raised the bar. Now I am not sure if I like you anymore. Couldn't leave well enough alone, eh?!

Now remember if you race there is a sweet deal for a Mavic Carbonne SSC....