How is everyone?

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Fozzy

How is everyone?

Post by Fozzy »

Just thought I’d check in to see how y’all are doing.
Rolf

Re: How is everyone?

Post by Rolf »

Thanks for asking.

How are you, Neil?
toddhatfield

Post by toddhatfield »

I miss you all!
Riding solo has already worn thin, and I sure ain't looking forward to time on the trainer.
Still, I'm convinced distancing is the right thing to do, while we figure out a longer term solution.
Please stay in touch with friends and family, especially those who may be sheltering alone.
dranson

Post by dranson »

94D45793-03F6-479E-ADC9-07D17855D7D2.jpeg
Doing alright. Bike to work has taken on a new meaning!
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I’m good. Missing the group rides more than ever. Have only been out on Sundays.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I'm missing you too, Fozzy!!  

The minute this crazy science fiction movie is over, I'm giving you a big wet one on the top of your head.

And that's a gold-plated Johnny Tyre promise!
Alan

Post by Alan »

I’m on a beach somewhere in front of a fire and no one can see me except NASA

It’s kinda like this
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

So how are you ..I have been practicing social/physical distancing (hanging out at home) since Feb 17.

Normally this time of year I would be skiing two days a week and riding three. Yesterday I managed to get on a stationary
bike to pedal one legged for almost 10 minutes.

I would not wish this level of inactivity anyone so enjoy your solo rides/walks/runs and I will see you when our pandemic is over.

Hugh
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I was wondering how the knee was coming along, Hugh. Glad you're seeing some progress, at least. Being inside all day, confining movements to the strictly necessary, I feel like we've all blown out a tendon!

But when I do get out to ride — furtive and alone in the dark, looking over my shoulder for the imminent threat of park closures — I will spare a thought for your one-legged, indoor spinning. And I will appreciate every precious mile even more. Heal fast, mate!
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Just wanted to reach out again to ask how everybody is getting on.
Hope you and your families are all well, safe, and staying active.
Cheers
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks for reaching out again, Neil. I wish and hope the same for you and your family.

The sun is shining more, which helps a great deal. Riding with bare legs feels delicious! My family has faced inconvenience v. hardship, so most of the time I'm just grateful. But I still miss seeing Tripleshotters. And the ease of dropping by an LBS for bits and easy service. And I miss all the fun of planning and pulling off group gravel excursions... and social breakfasts.

Speaking of post-ride coffee, I've had a few rides end around 7:30 over the past month which were followed by a 20-30 minute troll around the City, looking for someone who will sell a takeout coffee. The choices seem to be overrun fast-food joints like Timmy's/Subway, or waiting until 8 or even 9 for a few local places to open. However, I recently discovered the Savoury Café on Oak Bay Ave. between Richmond and Foul Bay is open at 7 every day, serving Jazz 2% beans and some killer bacon breakfast bagels.

So that's improving things...

Alan

Post by Alan »

The owner of the Savoury Café is part of the club (my small club)
festival of Alans.png
mashby

Post by mashby »

Rolf wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:23 pm serving Jazz 2% beans and some killer bacon breakfast bagels....

Please tell me it's the killer bacon that blew Dolly and Alan's minds and not a previously unreported symptom of one-nine-CX-variant.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

mashby wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:43 pm Please tell me it's the killer bacon that blew Dolly and Alan's minds and not a previously unreported symptom of one-nine-CX-variant.
I can neither confirm nor deny your presumptions, Mark. But I clearly forgot that we spend much more time looking at each other from the rear. To truly anonymize a Tripleshotter, one may need to blur their entire body.
Paul Chris

Post by Paul Chris »

Wow
I just checked my calender.
It is less than 5 weeks since our last official Tripleshot ride on March 17.

It sure seems like alot longer.

Stay Healthy. Stay Safe.

Riding outside or inside is great for our minds and bodies.