Tripleshot Group Rides Indefinitely Suspended

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

mfarnham

Tripleshot Group Rides Indefinitely Suspended

Post by mfarnham »

Dear Fellow Tripleshotters,

It is with great sadness that I write to say that the Tripleshot Executive has decided to suspend Tripleshot group rides immediately and indefinitely, owing to the novel corona virus pandemic. We’re still waiting to hear back from a couple Exec members, but so far the vote is unanimous and in a majority.

As you may have seen, the 2020 Women's Clinic has been postponed indefinitely. And club coach Lister Farrar--in consultation with doctors and after going to great efforts to keep the kids training outdoors in a safe, sanitized, and distanced manner--has made the difficult decision to suspend Youth Program group activities. He's looking into indoor online options to keep the kids training and not climbing the walls under the new school closures and whatever quarantines lie in our future. It's been a tough couple days for a lot of people in this club.

I guess this is the point where I’m supposed to say something about how great it's been to ride with Tripleshot. Instead, I’ll just note that it’s regularly a humbling experience. A case in point occurred on this morning’s ride:

As we (B2) pulled onto Cedar Hill X for the lap 4 sprint, Peter L. and I were at the front of the 2-up group. I, on the outside, stood up on my pedals in an attempt to sharply pick up the pace for the sprint. Peter—unperturbed—stayed in his seat, lifted his cadence, and kept in lockstep with me. I decided that a peek over my shoulder to see who I was about to lead out was needed to motivate some extra watts out of my legs. When I looked back, I saw that our 2-up group had become single file. To a person, all of the other riders in the group had lined up directly behind Peter. That was the end of my sprint. :roll:

In spite of that, I’ll miss you all. Check back to the forum for news and keep us updated on how your life in our new reality is going. And be safe.

Sincerely,
Martin
Rob Berry

Re: Tripleshot Group Rides Indefinitely Suspended

Post by Rob Berry »

:( :( :(
dranson

Post by dranson »

Thanks Martin for your leadership and that of the Board’s in this difficult time! There are lots of difficult decisions to be made. On a lighter note:
D1E98761-6BD8-41FE-80B8-55840E50012E.jpeg
CHenderson

Post by CHenderson »

Take care everyone!
I have really enjoyed being a part of the crew since January. It has already challenged my fitness and improved my cycling.
I look forward to returning to group rides (and coffee) as soon as it's safe to do so!
-Chelsea