Steve Lund again:)

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Bosie

Steve Lund again:)

Post by Bosie »

Craig B.
Fozzy

Re: Steve Lund again:)

Post by Fozzy »

Creativity on bikes. What could be better?
Claire

Post by Claire »

Maybe I'm more nerdy than some but I watched the whole 12 minutes of the GCN video. I actually prefer the gal (Manon)'s technique of basically "free-handing" the GCN logo over a map of the city and just going for it. The guy's calculated (and assisted by a somewhat experienced Strava artist) approach was less organic and more just managing the Wahoo computer on his bike.

Steve's probably a bit choked they didn't consult him (although, admittedly, calling a bloke in England is probably just more practical) but it's cool that they included our Steve's Darth Vader and a couple of t-rex doodles in the intro.

:D
Last edited by Claire on Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

I agree Claire. Might as well strap a Garmin on a drone, program its flight path, and go for a bike ride to meet it at the end.

Martin
Lund

Post by Lund »

Claire wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:17 pmSteve's probably a bit choked they didn't consult him (although, admittedly, calling a bloke in England is probably just more practical)
I’ll admit I was a tad choked that GCN didn’t consult me…though the disappointment is entirely self-directed. The former artist still known as Cycleangelo hasn't done a whole lot lately to keep himself top-of-mind.

As I’ve been working through and around some big life challenges over the past couple years, I’ve been keenly aware that oodles of fans and supporters have been waiting patiently for me to get my mojo back…and their patience hasn’t seen much in the way of reward. Though I know one’s first responsibility is to one’s own wellness, I can’t help but feel I’m letting lots of folks down. (And more by the day, as my numbers of followers just keep increasing. Somebody make it stop!)

Though I won’t promise a comeback, I will say that I’m working hard at making one—in many aspects of my life, most far more important than making pictures with bicycles.

Calgary Steve