Sunday Cx

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

wonger

Sunday Cx

Post by wonger »

Departing Fairbucks at 7:30 is the plan. Goose to Colquitz, through Prospect Lake into Hartland for some technical terrain and back through Highland Road and Thetis. It would be great to finish with breakfast providing the weather is not too gruesome. Interested?
Claire

Re: Sunday Cx

Post by Claire »

Interested, yes. But I've almost had my fill of thigh-deep puddles and impassable mud bogs. I'll confirm a bit later, but appreciate the instigating.
schouten

Post by schouten »

In! (and funnily I'm doing a similar ride on Saturday)
Bandit
Ddallin

Post by Ddallin »

Interested yes. However weather dependant...it might be cold... and I’m a wimp :(
David Dallin
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Ron’s patchouly-dipped beard on Saturday or Wonger’s seductively-tattooed thigh on Sunday, this is going to be a tough call. I can’t have both and so it’ll have to be a game-day call for moi.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Futzin’-A!
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

I'm a maybe. Can't quite seem to shake a virus so if I think I can survive, I'll probably be there.
Ddallin

Post by Ddallin »

Weather looks perfect. In
David Dallin
schouten

Post by schouten »

You CAN have both JT. See you Sunday.
Bandit
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

SB 750?

Think I'm gonna give it a go. If I'm coughing up my lungs I can turn off early.

L3
Alan

Post by Alan »

I in. If I don’t show up, it’s because I’m still at the “after” party.
Would love to do some fording at Panama flats. I bet she’s a rushing river there
Claire

Post by Claire »

Alan wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:58 pm Would love to do some fording at Panama flats. I bet she’s a rushing river there
That's putting it mildly. Impassable, more like it. See Farhang's photos from this aft.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Just heard about trail conditions from my hubster. Sounds like a Plan B is in order?
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

There’s definitely a few sections where a snorkel and/or cable ferry would have come in handy.

The normally-placid bubbling brook partway up Executive was applying for Class V rapids status. We went around the lake, which was mostly rideable; it may calm down by tomorrow of course. Hartland looked overall quite good, the parts we saw along the regional trail - most of you know, it drains pretty well.

Last bit of advice: loop an inflated inner tube figure-8 over your shoulders to give some extra buoyancy. Good luck!
schouten

Post by schouten »

Hartland has rideable trails, once you get in...

Basically anything that had a little water normally had a tonne more. Today's (Saturday's) plan of circumnavigating Hartland via the regional access trail and Cory access will probably work. But it might incur some head scratching to get around lakes.

I'm still up for it!
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I’m aiming for the SB at 7:50. (If that changes, I’ll text the bearded-one in the morning.)
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

I think I'm gonna ride my MTB instead and avoid all those rivers lower down (or possible ice flows?). What's with the return of the polar vortex?