Sunday epic?

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

markuspirker

Re: Sunday epic?

Post by markuspirker »

schouten wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:16 pm Markus, I've been planning a similar ride but hoped to hit the dragon trail (as shown in Trail Forks) and connect into the Cobble Hill mountain bike trails. Have you been through there before?

https://www.strava.com/routes/23124207
Sorry Ron, I'm not checking the forum often enough. Yes I a have ridden the Silvermine Trail to the Haul road and it is totally rideable and fun. I have run the trails at the base of Cobble hill and from what I remember they are probably more suited to running although they are pretty smooth. It's worth exploring if you have the time and don't mind bike pushing. By the way Rob and I are doing most of this route on Sunday again, starting at 6 am if you are interested.
schouten

Post by schouten »

Sunday could work. Really depends on weather (still horrible, nauseating rain) and double confirming my wife is okay with an extended ride that day. I'll give you more definite answer closer to Sunday.

How is the snow at the higher elevations?
Bandit
markuspirker

Post by markuspirker »

We're assuming that most of the snow is gone, but that's just a reasonable guess.
Andy B.

Post by Andy B. »

Hey, I might join in as well. My gravel bike is in the shop so it would be on a full rigid mtb I use for bikepacking with the caveat that I'm on my own if I am holding anyone back. I'll keep an eye on the weather and touch base as we get closer.
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

I don’t like the notion of a ride like this being a drop ride for a couple of reasons. The first ethic of backcountry travel is that you look out for the well-being of your companions (much like the ethos of this club). The second reason is it’s just more fun to ride with people rather than leave them behind. So it would be great if you’d come Andy. I don’t know how I’ll be doing post-treatment and haven’t ridden in two weeks so I’m sure the pace will be fine.
Rob Duncan
markuspirker

Post by markuspirker »

Andy B. wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:39 pm Hey, I might join in as well. My gravel bike is in the shop so it would be on a full rigid mtb I use for bikepacking with the caveat that I'm on my own if I am holding anyone back. I'll keep an eye on the weather and touch base as we get closer.
No one get’s left behind, ever.
Andy B.

Post by Andy B. »

Thanks all. I was thinking I didn't want the group to suffer if I showed up with the wrong horse for the course. Once again the TS inclusiveness shines through. Hopefully the weather cooperates and this show of good will isn't all for naught!
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

I’m pretty sure we will be going regardless of weather.

Just like we both did last time, pack a puffy and more gear
Rob Duncan
schouten

Post by schouten »

6:00am Fairbucks? I'm staying home and making waffles in case of torrential downpour.
Bandit
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Ron and Andy: 6 am switch bridge. Any other gravel heads who want to come are welcome. Ron text me in the morning so I know what you’re up to and Andy, I should get your number.
Rob Duncan