Sunday longer cross Dec 22

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Claire

Sunday longer cross Dec 22

Post by Claire »

I'm planning a different sort of Hartland tour this Sunday with hopes of also hitting the elusive Willis Pt loop. Likely a 7:00 meetup at Switch but I'm open to alternate timing if anyone wants to counter.

More details later when I'm not so tired.
Claire

Re: Sunday longer cross Dec 22

Post by Claire »

Now that this morning's mind-bending, Rolf-devised, chamois-soaking adventure is in the books, I can properly turn my attention to putting together a Sunday Hartland route. (I'm also open to not revisiting Hartland, if it turns away too many people who aren't so keen on bringing knives to a gun fight.)

I'm thinking of approaching Hartland from the south end, off Woodridge Road. There are various options for getting there, which I (or anyone else who's so inclined) can think about separately.

For those who know the Hartland trails... A couple days ago, Steve and I made our way up Fun Trail to Southridge and it was doable, with just a few short bits of pushing. From there, I'd like to try Dave's Line (as yet unattempted on a cross bike, so of somewhat unknown rideability) and then hit Northridge, Sidewinder and a new trail called 7-Up (alternative to Trillium). After Dave's Line, it's all cross-friendly (though still fairly technical). Then the elusive Willis Pt loop and up the road toward Corey Rd.

From there, I'm open to options, but can devise something of my choosing if no one else is feeling so inclined.

Probably 70+km and 4+ hours. 7am start from Switch Bridge.
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Two thumbs up.

I’m slowing crawling out of my grave but should be ready to ride.
Rob Duncan
Claire

Post by Claire »

Seems it may be just the three of us! Let me know, Rob, how your prospects are looking for the morning. If you aren't available, Steve and I may reconsider our morning plan. I'm still hopeful more MBT-wannabes will join the absurdity.
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Claire I’m definitely out. I had to work all day to Finish up a house and I’m sleeping in and then hopping on my rollers. I’m getting better but still low energy.

Enjoy your Sunday ride in whatever form it takes.
Rob Duncan
Claire

Post by Claire »

Yikes! Sorry for your overworkedness. Happy rolling, Rob.

Steve and I will probably carry on with the plan as I've spent a while devising the route. If it sucks, at least no one else was annoyed in the process! If it's awesome, we'll grab you for the next edition. Still open to meeting others at 7 at Switch, whether or not they reply here.

Happy Sunday riding!