Meet and Greet with Iris Slappendel Tuesday, Dec. 3 6-8pm @ Broad St. Cycles

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

shawn

Meet and Greet with Iris Slappendel Tuesday, Dec. 3 6-8pm @ Broad St. Cycles

Post by shawn »

Retired Dutch pro Iris Slappendel is visiting Victoria next week and will be dropping by Broad St. Cycles. She's offered to put on a little event for our local community so we will be throwing the doors open for a meet and greet. She will be joined by local former pro Annie Ewart.

Not only is Iris an accomplished cyclist, having raced for Cervelo Test Team, Rabobank, Bigla and UHC, she is Executive Director of The Cyclists' Alliance ( https://cyclistsalliance.org/ ) and has launched her own cycling clothing line ( https://www.i-ris.cc/ ).

Everyone (men and women) is welcome to stop by BSC next Tuesday evening to meet Iris, listen to her stories, chat about the development of women's cycling, and take a peek at a few samples of her clothing line. I'll have a few light snacks :)

I hope to see many of you there to welcome Iris to our wonderful cycling community!
shawn

Re: Meet and Greet with Iris Slappendel Tuesday, Dec. 3 6-8pm @ Broad St. Cycles

Post by shawn »

Reminder.....this is tonight!
mfarnham

Re: Meet and Greet with Iris Slappendel Tuesday, Dec. 3 6-8pm @ Broad St. Cycles

Post by mfarnham »

OK if I bring my dog? He's a big fan.

Martin
shawn

Post by shawn »

Good old boys are always welcome. Dogs too :) I hope you and the pup had fun!
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

He had fun but requested that next time more cheese be dropped on the floor.

Martin
shawn

Post by shawn »

Noted!