Give to Shim

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

trevor

Give to Shim

Post by trevor »

Hi there friends.

As some of you know one of our Wheeler fellas was involved in a pretty nasty incident with an automobile. Matt Szymanowski aka Shim is facing some long term rehab. Friends of Shim have set up a Go Fund Me page to support his long road to recovery. The Wheelers have a few events planned and some longterm support as well. For now, we'd like to invite you to Give to Shim in three capacities.

First, head to the Go Fund Me page and give. Please share the page on social media and email. Every bit helps. https://www.gofundme.com/f/pulling-toge ... 7JACoJsJvg

Second, all proceeds from this year’s Victoria Wheelers Gear Swap will go to Shim. The Gear Swap is Saturday, November 16 and coincides with the Oak Bay Bikes Customer Appreciation Day. If you’d like to donate gear to sell please drop it off at OBB and the team at the shop will bag and tag it for you (if it doesn’t sell you can pop by afterwards and retrieve your item/s). We’ll have volunteers selling the gear all day so whether you’ve donated goods or you’re in the market for buying, come by and say hello.

Third, also on Saturday, November 16, our traditional Saturday OBB peninsula ride will be a “ride for Shim” event. Please show up with a donation (suggested $20). The staff at OBB will be able to accept your credit card or debit donations so please share the word and give to the project.

The team and club have been quiet on social media with regards to this incident. We have wanted to support Shim and his family as much as we can. Part of this support has been giving them all control of the narrative. It's now time that we step up our collective efforts to support our friend. If you have met Shim or ridden with him, you know he's just like you and I: a generous person and a humble cyclist who enjoys the feeling of a hard effort and the wind in his face. Personally, I hope you can find it in you to help Shim out.

Thanks and see you on the road.

Trevor
mfarnham

Re: Give to Shim

Post by mfarnham »

Just an added note that if you're not a Wheelers member, I think you can do a couple rides "for free" with them by signing a waiver at the start of the ride. So you wouldn't need to purchase membership to do just this ride.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Trevor.

Martin
trevor

Post by trevor »

You are correct!
Steven

Post by Steven »

It would be amazing to see a big Tripleshot presence on this ride, this kind of accident could happen to any of us.

"Saturday, November 16, our traditional Saturday OBB peninsula ride will be a “ride for Shim” event. Please show up with a donation (suggested $20). The staff at OBB will be able to accept your credit card or debit donations so please share the word and give to the project."