Thanksgiving Sunday ride on a Monday?

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

rduncan

Thanksgiving Sunday ride on a Monday?

Post by rduncan »

Hey crossers and single track lovers.

I have family coming to town next weekend for thanksgiving and since they are running the good life race on Sunday, we want to to a cross ride on Monday morning. Same gig as Sunday, just on Monday. Anyone else up for that? My navigation is still beginner level so I’m hoping some of the usual crew also wants to have some fun on the holiday morning.

If its just the 3 of us that’s fine but I’d love some route suggestions. Rolf, Ron, JT?
I was thinking great trail just for ease of navigation and to get a nice ride in but would love to have a better option with more speedy downhills.
Rob Duncan
Ddallin

Re: Thanksgiving Sunday ride on a Monday?

Post by Ddallin »

David Dallin
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Rob: with all due respect to the awesomeness that is COTR, I assume your family aren’t here to hit Nanaimo and enjoy “a large grass area with tight turns ... a long stair run up and two sand sections” EVEN IF they get to ride it 6-9 times in a row!

I’m on Quadra Island this weekend, so can’t do any tour-guiding. But I’m guessing Ron will be out; and his trail-divining rod is damn strong!

If all else fails, there are plenty of ideas on my plot-a-route page. Just pick one and set aside a half hour the night before to visualize the map, check Google Streetview when necessary/available, and memorize turns. It’s easy!
schouten

Post by schouten »

Rob, I will be riding Monday afternoon if that works...
Bandit
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

What time were you thinking? I’ll check with my crew.
Rob Duncan
schouten

Post by schouten »

Rob, it looks pretty flexible so far. I am thinking 1:00pm at this point.
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Hi Rob, I also have family here on the weekend, and for this reason need to get my ride in on Sunday morning. If you fail to connect with Ron, then I'd suggest Rolf's plot-a-route ride titled "Thetis CX lap". It's reasonably straightforward to navigate, and has some nice downhills.
wonger

Post by wonger »

Rolf wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 pm I’m on Quadra Island this weekend, so can’t do any tour-guiding.
I hope you are taking your bike!!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

wonger wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:02 pm
Rolf wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 pm I’m on Quadra Island this weekend, so can’t do any tour-guiding.
I hope you are taking your bike!!
Yes, we must discuss. 8)
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Ron,

We're going to do a morning ride afterall. I'll see you next week for the usual cross shenanigans.
Rob Duncan
schouten

Post by schouten »

Sounds good Rob.I would join you but I still have visitors in town until the afternoon.
Bandit