Olympic Adventure Trail - Photos and Videos

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Olympic Adventure Trail - Photos and Videos

Post by Rolf »

Good news: gallery is up. Please add your photos and videos. I’ve chucked a couple of teaser YouTubes at the bottom; the edit(s) are going to take me a bit.

Bad news: nearly all my action clips from yesterday feature headless riders. My helmet camera strap was aimed too low. It makes for very annoying viewing. Sigh. :oops:

Now back to nursing a broken body and savouring incredible memories...
Last edited by Rolf on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTyre

Re: Olympic Adventure Trail - Photos and Videos

Post by JTyre »

Rolf wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:44 pm Bad news: nearly all my action clips from yesterday feature headless riders. Sigh. :oops:
Thanks, Rolf, headless or not I'm sure your video will be dripping with your usual genius.
Rolf wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:44 pm Now back to nursing a broken body and savouring incredible memories...
Speaking of memories, does anyone remember Alan coming back with us from the cabin?

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Once Nic let go of that big, spring-loaded branch he and Alan were clearing from the road, I never saw Ace again...

Jill, John, and Ron: huge thanks (respectively) for your very generous logistical support & hors d’oeuvres; your ride instigation & immoral support; and your ultimately entertaining and effective navigation and enthusiasm.
schouten

Post by schouten »

Rolf wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:44 pm Bad news: nearly all my action clips from yesterday feature headless riders. My helmet camera strap was aimed too low. It makes for very annoying viewing. Sigh. :oops:
Not a problem. It just means we have to go back!!
Bandit
myboys

Post by myboys »

Rolf,

What is the password to get in? I want to see more of this epic ride!

Cheers

Mary
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Same as for every gallery on the TS Photos site, Mary. It’s in the latest Rivet newsletter.

PM me if you have any difficulties.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks to those of you who have contributed to the ride gallery. Lots of good memories collected so far... :)

Day 1 ride video is done: https://vimeo.com/rolfwarburton/2019ODTARday1.

A few notes:
  • It's better at 1080p, with headphones—and possibly some Gravol, taken prophylactically.
  • Thank you very much to JT for the excellent track suggestion.
  • Thanks to JT's track suggestion, before playing this around tender ears, please be aware that it features one (1) naughty word—and that said word is quite audible... and quite naughty.
  • It's my longest ride edit yet (5:10)—which happened because we rode 42 uninterrupted kilometres of trail. 8) But this makes it admittedly even more boring for folks who (a) weren't there; and/or (b) don't care for trail-riding. :roll:
Day 2 will take me a little longer; but it's probably going to suck more because of camera issues.
schouten

Post by schouten »

Wait. There are people that don't care for trail riding? 🤯
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

That's some sublime video footage, Rolf! How you manage to do that and still ride like a screaming mad-man, I do not know.

Bring on Day-2, PLEASE.
mashby

Post by mashby »

Rolf wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:41 pm this makes it admittedly even more boring for folks who (a) weren't there; and/or (b) don't care for trail-riding. :roll:
Is that a stop to down some freshly picked magic mushrooms at 3:56? Perhaps said philistines simply don't appreciate the culture of the woods? :mrgreen:
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

The past few days have seen plague, tears, and an unexpected iOS and software update that wiped out hours of work. :evil:

But my love-letter to Day 2 is now ready: https://vimeo.com/rolfwarburton/2019ODTARDay2

No 'shrooms this time, but a possible Alan Cassels tail-whip at 3:32? :shock:
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Rolf, we are so lucky to have you documenting our adventures and taking the time to make these cool videos so we can relive them. You picked an awesome song for Day 2!!! According to my daughter this is the "biking butt video."

I just wanna go back.....

Muchos gracias, Mahalo, Merci beaucoup!!!