Wednesday, September 4 - Back to School FarmCross

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Wednesday, September 4 - Back to School FarmCross

Post by Rolf »

Thinking a school run through Camosun, UVic, the shoulder of Tolmie, and the grounds of a few other learning institutions. 8) (We need not discuss things learned on the shoulder of Tolmie. :oops: )

Richmond and Richardson, 6 am; Cook St. Moka House by 7:30.

Dolly/L3 et al.: we’ll be leaving the Farmers when they turn off Richmond on to Bay...

Last edited by Rolf on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schouten

Re: Wednesday, September 4 - Back to School

Post by schouten »

I'd love to join you but I will be participating in the time honoured tradition of being sick while taking care of sick kids during the first week of school.

Bandit
mashby

Re: Wednesday, September 4 - Back to School FarmCross

Post by mashby »

See you in the morning!
Alan

Re: Wednesday, September 4 - Back to School

Post by Alan »

Can't argue with that plan....

I'm in.....

LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Thanks for the head's up on change of usual start of FCX route. I'm likely to ride road tmrw on account of my still sore and swollen knee....playing in safe!
Thomasmeg

Post by Thomasmeg »

Sounds fun! See you in the morning.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

LouiseF wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:50 pm ....playing in safe!
Head’s up, so no one’s too surprised when they see her, Louise will be wearing a bit more protection than normal tomorrow. Image
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Got it Rolf! I will reluctantly give up my fully caffeinated, late arrival on Shelbourne.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Once I mapped out a tour of schools last night, I got greedy and wanted to bag Margaret Jenkins and GNS (in addition to 14 others!) So we diverged from the regular Farm route right from the Church.

Image*

Apologies to Rob and anyone else who followed my original advice above on our likely Farm departure point (Bay & Richmond). The Farm roadies were equipped to advise any crossers they came across of an alternative rendezvous—but that relied on interaction with the peloton.

Once the light really goes, we're likely to resume accompanying the Farmers up Shelbourne a ways further. In the meantime, if you want to be sure to meet us, I encourage you to post your interest on the forum and try to make it down to the Church before 6:05. 8)

*For Johnny Tyre, and others who don't have teen-aged girls, this is apparently a scene from the OMG-dramatiiiic film Divergent.