Monday 02 Sep X-Labour Ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Greg F

Monday 02 Sep X-Labour Ride

Post by Greg F »

What better way to celebrate Labour Day than labouring away on trails, gravel, and such?

Probably meet at the Switch bridge at 0730.

I’ll conjure up some route ideas while the Sunday crowd takes care of their Thetis fetishes. Image
JTyre

Re: Monday 02 Sep X-Labour Ride

Post by JTyre »

While I am away suffering through French gastronome and grape, I hope that Greg and the rest of you ...

... stay calm ...

... and above all, watch over Alan ...

Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Still up for review/change/etc but I’m thinking of the following. With the spate of recent disagreements between Fennells and technical trails, it’ll be a bit more gravelly/roady than other rides:
Lochside North
Elk Lake
Willis Pt (don’t plan on a hike-a-bike thru Partridge so no need for shoulder pads)
Mackenzie Bight
Hartwell thru something to Executive out to Properect Lk
Camouson trails
Something different to end up on Goose near Switch Bridge.
Coffee
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

In. How long do you think we will be out Greg?
Ann

Post by Ann »

I might be in, depending on the answer to Dolly’s question...
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

I'm thinking 3-ish hours. This is my first attempt at making a map on Strava, so assuming some mechanicals/wrong-turns/rapid-retreats from rabid rabbits/etc, the 2.5 hr estimate given may or may not be generous. If things are looking good, we can explore more blue trails in Hartland, or go around Killarny Lake (which is pretty rooty but not death-defying) or stay on the Colquitz trails, take a right on the Goose then onto the E&N to end up at Cafe Fantistico.

Once out of Hartland, there's also opportunities to shortcut home if someone needs.

https://www.strava.com/routes/21480213
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Two unsolicited comments: (1) you may well be able to do this in three hours of moving time, but given all the loose-surfaced climbing and technical bits, I’d allow four hours total ride time for a mixed crew; and (2) Interurban trail from Prospect to Goward is a mess of poo-pipe construction and worth skipping outright. :mrgreen:

Bonne route!
Ann

Post by Ann »

I'm not going to make it. My back is still angry after Friday's ride.

mashby

Post by mashby »

so tempted by that Mackenzie Bight section but will need to charm the parole officer. <50% i'll see you at the switch bridge.
rhughes

Post by rhughes »

Yep.