Sunday, August 11th Ride Options

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

schouten

Sunday, August 11th Ride Options

Post by schouten »

Here are a few ride options to get some ideas going. I'm totally fine with other ideas or derivative works!

Observatory Hill Explore - This is based on a typical solo ride I do but I've added a section to explore the forest around the Observatory and find out if the trails can connect to the Northern Tip of Elk Lake. A small amount of cycloportage is almost guaranteed but this is a fairly short and tame ride otherwise.

Corry Access Road Rip - Mashby and I have done this before but I think it worked quite well. Good mix of rideable (but technical) terrain and guaranteed sweaty fun.
Bandit
Dolly

Re: Sunday, August 11th Ride Options

Post by Dolly »

The Hurricane Ridge ride was cancelled, so I will join you in a cross adventure tomorrow Ron! Please not too early ( ie before 7:30) .
schouten

Post by schouten »

Sweet! Let's do the Obs Hill Explore and maybe explore the Panama Flats single track along the way.

We can leave from Fairbucks at 7:30 and should be able to make 10:30 coffee no problem.
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

No worries, Ron, you can throw me under the bus anytime - I'm sure we'll get back there more than once again.

I hear what Rolf is saying about the video but I really enjoyed it all the same. "Mountain 'mother riders" - funny.

Portland area, that's somewhere I'd like to explore. Could take our bikes over on the Clipper and then Amtrak it to Portland in a flash -- do some trails in the day and hit the Portland music scene in the night. Please tell me what is wrong with this idea? Training ride for Terranova?
mashby

Post by mashby »

I'm booked to flip the post-sleepover pancakes. Have a grand ride!
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

I’m enroute home trying to keep my punch drunk kids from falling apart. Maybe I’m just tired but you’re meeting at FFSBX at 07:30 and riding to Portland?
schouten

Post by schouten »

😂 too funny L3. Correct on 99%. But destination is Observatory Hill.
Bandit
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Even on EST I couldn't get out of bed after our long++++ travel day. Hope it was fun!
schouten

Post by schouten »

T'was a hoot (but I like hike-a-bike exploring). Catch you next time!
Bandit