Laps at Beacon Hill

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Paula

Laps at Beacon Hill

Post by Paula »

With Beacon Hill open again - and the fun of doing the laps and the sprint at the end happening - it is time to re-establish again what the rules are.

I believe the last time we agreed that when your laps are done you don’t tag on to other groups. Is that the case?
Bosie

Re: Laps at Beacon Hill

Post by Bosie »

My understanding is that its OK to tag on, but just dont get involved in any sprints or lead outs of the group you have tagged on to.

Basically you can sit in at the back.

But I might be wrong...
Craig B.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Paula wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:18 pm I believe the last time we agreed that when your laps are done you don’t tag on to other groups. Is that the case?
I hear you Paula. This is how I feel 90% of the time when cyclocrossing with Rolf and Alan,

Paula, I think yesterday was an exception. Your group gobbled up of few us after our group was broken up by peacocks. I went a few extra laps with your group, and then when someone in your group busted out, I followed. If that's breaking a rule, then I'm sorry (kinda, maybe, not really :D).
EricS

Post by EricS »

Not as sorry as you will be for using a GIF outside of the Cross Forum. Rule breaker!
Eric Simonson
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

JTyre wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:20 am
Paula wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:18 pm I believe the last time we agreed that when your laps are done you don’t tag on to other groups. Is that the case?
I hear you Paula. This is how I feel 90% of the time when cyclocrossing with Rolf and Alan,
Hey Alan: sounds like JT’s finally caught on to the fact we’ve been trying to ride away from him.
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

B3 Friday you have been suffering for an hour, lost most of the 15 people you started with at OBH but you make it to BHP. Now if you can only stay focused, not barf, or be taken out by wildlife, for 3 more, 2 more, oh you missed your turn now you have to close a gap, one more lap. Wait I thought we were 3 now there are 4 of us, is it my turn...who is back there ...stay focused, pick a wheel..sweat in my eyes..past the flagpole one last time ...who is back there..stay focused....gap... close the gap..hit the rise BOOM!

Sprint Next Friday?