Sunday C June 9

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Jill

Sunday C June 9

Post by Jill »

Here's the route for tomorrow - hopefully the elevation is a little more accurate than last week :D (Barton!)
https://www.strava.com/routes/19400655
barton bourassa

Re: Sunday C June 9

Post by barton bourassa »

Oh So Much Fun!

See you at 7 AM at Uptown Starbucks!!!

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

I'll be there again at the bottom of KGT or along MacNeil Bay
thanks
Roxanne
randnev

Post by randnev »

Sorry I have missed details of this ride in an earlier thread. I recently joined; I am looking for a "C" ride to get my legs under me.

Is there a significant difference between this version of the Sunday ride and the "7:00 am @ Fairfield Plaza Starbucks (across from Ross Bay Cemetery)"? Is the Fairfield Plaza Starbucks start a "B" and "A" group ride?

Cheers!

Randy
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Yes, there's a significant difference. The Sunday "C ride" advertised here is more than twice the distance of the regular Sunday Social ride, and the pace will likely be significantly slower than the Sunday Social. The Sunday Social ride sometimes splits into a fast group and a slow group, but often that split doesn't happen until Mattick's Farm.

If you want a slower ride, but don't want to do 135km, you might consider doing this "Sunday C" ride but picking a place on Jill's map to pull off and head home.

Hope this helps.
Martin
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Hi Randy. We have beem going out on Sundays since January. We started out doing 70 to 80 K and have been increasing the distance and the climbing ever since. Now up to 135 K at a C pace, 25 K/Hr. This ride took over 5 hours of cycle time. Somes folks like to do the whole ride. Others join in at the start or along the way and find a place to peel off and head home when they are done.

We have a few goals. One is next week's Silly Summer Solstice; 100 laps of Beacon Hill Park circle (1 mile per lap!). Some riders are getting ready for the Penticton Fondo in early July. Another goal is to be ready for the Big Loop, a 220 K ride to Renfrew, Cowichan, Mill Bay then Home.

And like Martin said, there is the regular TSC Sunday Ride, about 70 k at varying paces.

Oh, i see your post was sent well after 10 PM. No way I was going to answer it. I get bed on a Saturday night before 9:30!

Pick your poison!

Barton.
Barton Bourassa