Quadra Island CycloQuest - May 18, 2019

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Ann

Quadra Island CycloQuest - May 18, 2019

Post by Ann »

Naked Bikes is organizing the first (annual?) Quadra CycloQuest on the May long weekend. It sounds amazing! It is intended for cross bikes, but as it will be self-directed, they say you can stick to the road as well. Also, they have youth versions of the Quest and also activities for non-riders, making it a very family oriented event.

They are limiting registration to 150 people and it looks like about 60 have signed up so far.

Here are the details: https://quadracycloquest.ca/
NickLosier

Re: Quadra Island CycloQuest - May 18, 2019

Post by NickLosier »

A bit of a last minute thing. But is there anyone going that would have spare room for a bike?
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Hey Nic, we've got your coffee thermos. Remind me and I'll bring it to the next TS meetup. And, to you and the rest the Quadra Island Cycloquesters, thanks for a great weekend.

Too many highlights to review here except to note that the door prize draw was proof that Hugh and Michelle excel at more than just road riding, cyclocross, mountain biking, alpine skiing, etc.,

p.s. If you care too, please post your photos here. Ms. Tyre and I have none from the event, because we suck at taking them.

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

If you have photos to share, I've created a gallery here: https://tripleshotcyclingphotos.smugmug ... st-May-18/

Viewing password is the same as the rest of the site (see your last Rivet newsletter.) Upload buttons on the gallery page let you upload straight from any device...
wonger

Post by wonger »

Thanks folks for a super fun day. I added a few photos to the gallery - see if you can spot the sasquatch!

Honestly, this may have been one of the best days I've had on a bike. It was such an awesome day out with a really cool collection of people. Whether you were doing 130K and hammering as fast as you could, or just goofing around and seeing the sights it was so much fun. It was a scavenger hunt format with bonus points for buying your friends coffee or doing the wine tasting or collecting the most receipts from local merchants - just awesome.

If you have a gravel bike you should put this on the calendar in 2020.