Metchosin Hillfest #3 SATURDAY

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

AJ Neale

Metchosin Hillfest #3 SATURDAY

Post by AJ Neale »

Is anybody interested in a SATURDAY trip out to Metchosin? Thinking of Munn/Bear Mountain/Happy Valley and a few laps of the Nationals course followed by the Lagoon .... maybe even fit in Triangle Mountain? Departing from the Switch Bridge at 7:30, but as usual, the route and departure time are open for discussion. Thanks for joining in!

Andrew

P.S. Mom's are very welcome ..... your families will need all day Saturday to prepare! ;)
Steven

Re: Metchosin Hillfest #3 SATURDAY

Post by Steven »

I think I may be sufficiently recovered from pneumonia to join the ride.

Is this a no drop and regroup after a hill ride, or a drop ride if you can't handle the pace and the pain?

How many km's will you ride, and approx how many hrs? This will determine whether or not the ride will be manageable, or just beyond my current pathetic level of fitness :D
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

Definitely a regrouping type of ride Steve ..... bring your pneumonia out and we'll get rid of it!

As for distance, I think we have done 80km and 100 km ...... and kept the riding time around 3 hours. But this is a flexible ride; we can adjust the route and departure time if necessary. The goal is to get a workout while smiling ..... and have time for coffee. ;)

Andrew
andymcd

Post by andymcd »

Looking forward to it. AJ
jbarrett

Post by jbarrett »

Sounds like fun. See you there.
Joe
Sig Isaac

Post by Sig Isaac »

I'll give it a try. See you tomorrow.
Sig Isaac
Steven

Post by Steven »

I'm in, gave my lungs their first post pneumonia test this afternoon, no problems.

Switch Bridge 7:30am
Claire

Post by Claire »

I'd love to ride some hills this Saturday but wondering if anyone wants to start at 9? I'm not able to get out any earlier this time. Otherwise, the usual route with any of its variants sound like fun.