Sunday Jan 13 - Glendale, Work, Thetis, Francis King Loop

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

tenmile

Sunday Jan 13 - Glendale, Work, Thetis, Francis King Loop

Post by tenmile »

Hey all,

Headed out with a small group on Sunday morning to do the loop below:

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/743399

Because a few are coming from up the peninsula, plan is to meet in the parking lot at the Tech Park adjacent to the Glendale trail with an estimated departure around 915ish. Loop is roughly 30km mostly on trails. Ride won't be fast, casual pace as a couple riders are likely going to bring MTBs, and like me are about as fit as 10lbs of mashed potatoes stuffed into a 5lb bag. Lots of climbing on the first half, with some nice long descent on the second half. Plan is to do it as a loop and then head for a coffee/snack at the Ploughshare Cafe on W.Saanich.
Terry P
Rolf

Re: Sunday Jan 13 - Glendale, Work, Thetis, Francis King Loop

Post by Rolf »

Looks fun, Terry!

I have company from out of town, so will likely miss Sunday. Hope to ride with you soon...
schouten

Post by schouten »

Hi Terry, have fun on the ride. I also cannot make it for I will be the out-of-town family visiting Kelowna that day.
Bandit
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

See you at the tech park at 9:15 am. (Unless I fall off a cliff on the way there.)

John
tenmile

Post by tenmile »

Ok sounds good. Looks like the others dropped off today so it's just me. I'm riding from Cadboro Bay so can also meet at Lochside/Blenkinsop around 845. Either way see you there.
Terry P
tenmile

Post by tenmile »

Good riding with you John.

Great loop but unfortunately the Hector Connector BlackBerry bushes are stronger than my derailleur hanger. Had to call for backup to pick me up at PISE. Still got 50kms in of a great ride.

Terry P
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

tenmile wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 pm Good riding with you John.
Great to finally ride with you, Terry. What a great day to be in the forest. Please don't tell Rolf or Alan that I took us past the turnoff to Corry Road, necessitating that unfortunate climb back up Munn's.

And here, by the by, is a spare hanger of mine sitting uselessly at home rather than in my bike bag. :?

tenmile

Post by tenmile »

Went back and looked at the map and realized that Corry Road is along the fast fun section of Ross-Durrance. Having too much fun to take notice!

Hanger wouldn't have fit anyhow. Fortunately, I was able to get a new hanger on order and it's on it's way so hopefully back in the saddle for next weekend. They were so cheap, I ordered 3 of them as that's the 2nd hanger on 2 different bikes I've snapped in the last 6 months.

Should be back to my usual riding self in no-time>

Terry P