BSC - Ride Dirty with Hesjedal - Great Trail Up & Back

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

BSC - Ride Dirty with Hesjedal - Great Trail Up & Back

Post by Rolf »

This looks fun. Too bad I'm traveling later Sunday and only have the usual 7-11 timeslot free. But I'll bet some of you may be into this...

Winter weekends are for late starts, a coffee kick, and gravel adventures.

Join the BSC crew this Sunday, Dec 9th for a gravel ride to launch a new relationship with Factor Bikes. We're hyped to bring in some of the best carbon fibre in the bike biz, and Factor fits that bill nicely.

We'll be meeting at the shop for 9:30am for coffee & pre-ride snacks (our treat) before heading out to ride the Great Trail on gravel.

Piloted by the AG2R pro team to podiums ranging from Roubaix to a little race in France, the Factor lineup has traditionally focussed on making the best possible road racing bikes. However, this fall the folks at Factor were proud to announce a new gravel bike- the Vista- suited to gritty conditions, getting lost & finding new perspectives.

Curious about this new Factor Vista gravel crusher? Grand Tour winner, Ryder Hesjedal will be on hand, riding one of the new Vistas, as will Rob Gitelis, owner of Factor Bikes to answer any of your questions about their newest offering.

The ride will be tiered to allow an early turn-around for those who've got to get back (50km distance, 750m climbing) as well as a whole enchilada for anyone with climbing legs and a Sunday to spare (88km/ 1650m).

Bring ride food, warm clothes, fat tires and maybe a road pop for the summit(s).

Route details: https://www.strava.com/routes/16368328

SEE YA SUNDAY!

Route:
rduncan

Re: BSC - Ride Dirty with Hesjedal - Great Trail Up & Back

Post by rduncan »

Yeah I want to do that ride but starting at seven or 730
Rob Duncan
schouten

Post by schouten »

Oh wow, I just realized they plan to go all the way down to Shawnigan Lake and then back up to the summit again. Gruelling. I'll go but will tap out at 50km.
Bandit
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Anyone else going? I was thinking of joining but turning around at the top (the upper red gate). This avoiding the ridonkulous climb back up from Shawnigan Lake.
tenmile

Post by tenmile »

Long shot here, but if anyone happens to do the ride and finds a weird looking light, I lost it coming down the trail somewhere between the upper gate and Humpback. There would be a growler of homebrew for it's safe return.

Looks like this...

Terry P
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I think we might have glimpsed it rolling through traffic:

Greg F

Post by Greg F »

tenmile wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:34 am Looks like this...

That’s a light? Thought it was a screenshot from Ghostbusters for a second there.
John D

Post by John D »

Am I the only one who laughed out loud at the double entendre embedded (intentional or otherwise) in the first half of the subject line for this post?

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Even if you’re the only one, it was worth all the trouble, John.
schouten

Post by schouten »

I didn't see it. Too busy shivering and swearing at the 20% grade...
Bandit
tenmile

Post by tenmile »

Rolf wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:11 pm I think we might have glimpsed it rolling through traffic:

Nice!!!

Terry P