Wed, Nov 21 FarmCross?

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Ann

Wed, Nov 21 FarmCross?

Post by Ann »

I'm not calling the ride because I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm wondering if there will be other FarmCrossers out tomorrow?

Rolf

Re: Wed, Nov 21 FarmCross?

Post by Rolf »

At least JT and I will be out, Ann.

J has a plan to scale the dome of the legislature, or something? He was muttering about a “grand conspiracy”. So perhaps best not to wear any Club kit (and some good SPD hiking boots.)

See you at the church. :)

p.s. That will be one toonie from you please for the RRGJ (the Regretfully Reposted Giffy Jar).
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

I will join you as you meander up Shelbourne.....
Ann

Post by Ann »

Rolf wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:22 pm p.s. That will be one toonie from you please for the RRGJ (the Regretfully Reposted Giffy Jar).[/url]
Yeah, I was pretty sure we’d seen that one before but I was grumpy and tired and had a headache, so I didn’t feel like trying any harder. :(
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Aww, feel better, Ann. Hope you can ride in the morning.

I’m sure relief from penalty on compassionate grounds is a thing. :wink:
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I hope you'll all forgive for me for that nasty hike-a-bike section this morning. And extra apologies to Ann and Michelle for making them late tending to their kids. Dolly said her ribs are healed from her crash a few weeks ago but I suspect that she was just trying to make me feel less bad.

We ended up doing the intended 4 km circumnavigation but 1 km of shouldering didn't justify only an extra 0.5 km of flow. On the upside, now we know where not to go.

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Go easy on yourself, JT. I'm always grateful to follow someone else's creative plan. Plus we ended up riding some new and awesomely flowy terrain.

If I felt shame every time I led people somewhere stupidly unfit for cycling, I'd long have given up this filthy pastime and perished from the humiliation.

Finally, we all got to feel good about ourselves being good sports and not making you feel bad. :lol: :roll:

Ann

Post by Ann »

Yes, JT, no need for you to feel badly. I was happy to follow you to see where it would take us. I could have left at (almost) any time. :)
Mich

Post by Mich »

We cyclocrossers are always up for an adventure JT..I love exploring new territory and not to have to pick a route! And getting out of delivering the reluctant 12 year old and his clarinet to band practice — well that is always a treat! So I would say it was a win all around! :)
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

And John, I WAS just kidding about throwing your body in the woods and destroying your dental records..... ( but isn't that why Rolf said not to wear anything that would identify us?).
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

I'm bummed to have missed all the fun. I will ask Greg to find and post a pouty gif for me since I'm about as excited to learn new computer skills as I am to make school lunches.

See y'all next week. Off to eat American turkeys.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Louise Weds evening : Image

Me Weds evening: