Monday, November 12 - Colquitz–Interurban–Partridge–Mt. Work–Thetis–Esquimalt

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Monday, November 12 - Colquitz–Interurban–Partridge–Mt. Work–Thetis–Esquimalt

Post by Rolf »

I'm planning on this bit of unfinished business tomorrow if anyone else is keen. Pace won't be pedal-to-the-metal, but given the distance, we'll have to be pretty consistent with fewer breaks.

Leaving Fort and Richmond at 7:00 a.m., Interurban and Colquitz River Trail at 7:25, breakfast downtown by 10:15(?)
schouten

Re: Monday, November 12 - Colquitz–Interurban–Partridge–Mt. Work–Thetis–Esquimalt

Post by schouten »

I'm new here but that looks like a great ride. The pace sounds a bit intimidating though. I'll keep my eyes posted for something a bit easier to get my feet wet.
Bandit
rduncan

Re: Monday, November 12 - Colquitz–Interurban–Partridge–Mt. Work–Thetis–Esquimalt

Post by rduncan »

I was thinking of a road ride but you twisted my rubber arm.

See you at fort & richmond.
Rob Duncan
rhughes

Post by rhughes »

Meet you guys at Blanshard and Bay at 7:10.

Ritchie
NickLosier

Post by NickLosier »

Ill be there at colquitz and Interurban
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Things I learned today:
  • By tweaking just a few indignant noses, one can make it from Pareto to Partridge Hills via trails in about an hour. :shock:
  • Testament is much better ridden west to east, and becomes a bit of a hiking farce the other way.
  • Road climbing still sucks, but Ross-Durrance is strangely fun to head up the “wrong” way.
  • The sustained downhills and wide trails from Munn to South Thetis (Kallie’s, Frank’s, SMR, Bellamy, Phelps) are a total blast, and would be fun to try sometime without ever putting a foot down.
  • Fozzy is just about the safest crasher I’ve ever met. Alan a close second. These guys just bounce up from everything.
  • Rob D will ride for fun through a puddle up to his axles with little urging—and won’t bail.
  • JT has impeccable taste in restaurants. Not only were we welcomed to bring our bikes inside at Paul’s Motor Inn, we received unsolicited advice on the use of illicit drugs with our bacon.
A memorable morning and a few more geographic boxes ticked. Thanks, gents!

Durrance Lake (with absolutely no sissy-filtering)