Sunday October 7 - Misery loves company

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

JTyre

Sunday October 7 - Misery loves company

Post by JTyre »

Rolf has found his own way to beat himself up with some last-minute training for the crossfondo.

My plan is for 30-40 kms of steep hill repeats (rocky trails with hike-a-bike sections) starting around 7:30 am. I can pick one of you up around 7:00 am for the drive to where our work will begin. PM or post me if you're interested.

Rain in the forecast, spare tubes a must, and electrodes optional,

roadflasj

Re: Sunday October 7 - Misery loves company

Post by roadflasj »

I would love to participate if you still have a ride available. Just curious what deep and scary woods Rolf has planned.
Kenji Jackson
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

I’ll plan on riding via Interurban trail to Prospect Lk, Meadowbrook and Executive trail to meet you at the Hartland parking lot, John. Then we’ll see what tomfoolery you have planned for riding Hartland. In the rain. On cross bikes.

Hope to see you there too Kenji!

JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Hi Kenji, trying to reach you to queue up for tomorrow. If you're still interested text me your coordinates at 250-893-8236.

John
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Greg, I know it was challenging out there this morning but where did your training go?

Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Twas a good ride, sorry you couldn’t join us.

For those who hadn’t heard, John forgot his helmet at home. Could have been a simple oversight, tho it’s also plausible that when John woke up and looked himself in the mirror, he saw himself as The Juggernaut and thought “I don’t need no helmet on me head!”

After Kenji and I patiently and persistently pointed out that he was, in fact, NOT the Juggernaut and really ought to wear a helmet while riding at Hartland (or anywhere, for that matter), John slammed the door on his car and peeled out of the parking lot like he was the designated driver for Thelma and Louise, shouting out the window “BUT I’M THE JUGGERNAUT, B***H!!!”

The looks from the other mountain bikers in the parking lot, still sheathing themselves in ballistic-grade Kevlar, said it all.