Broad Street Clinic, Wednesday August 22

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

JTyre

Broad Street Clinic, Wednesday August 22

Post by JTyre »

Rolf and Alan keep telling me that I need to improve my skills. I'm not so sure ...

... that said, I'm contemplating heading out to the Broad Street Clinic (4017 Prospect Lake Road) from Oak Bay around 5:30 pm, hitting the switch bridge around 5:50 pm, and the clinic around 6:10 pm. Show starts at 6:30 pm after registration.

Does this appeal to anyone else?
toddhatfield

Re: Broad Street Clinic, Wednesday August 22

Post by toddhatfield »

See you at SB at 550pm, JT. FYI, $10/session if others are interested.
GIFless
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

You dudes are wasting your dough, no need for dismounts...

( ahem...given the historically low average number of exercise balls at most cross races, I’ll probably swing by also, but leaving from Esquimalt)
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

OK Todd, super. I'll see you, and anyone else, at the SB at 5:50 pm. And Greg, that Gif is very cool, although I'd like see the one showing the 100 unsuccessful tries before that one.

p.s. Bring lights for the ride home, and a tool to remove bottle cages etc. I went to a couple of these last year. For me, I'm not sure much stuck but it's sure fun watching Parker Bloom (best name ever) and the other Broad Street Boys showoff their skills.
PDavis

Post by PDavis »

Scott and I are both going seeing as he bought me a cross bike for Christmas so he could buy himself one after :D . I'm a bit nervous but it will be nice to see some familiar faces. See you at the Switch Bridge!
Penny
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

I am also going and will meet you at the bridge, with Ventolin for everyone!

Dolly
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Was a great evening. Thanks all
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

That was so much fun this week, let's do it again next. (If you missed the first clinic, no worries, they'll review at the second.)

Nine TS'ers met at the switch bridge and we met a few more at the clinic. Everyone was extremely supportive. On the dismounts someone even called me a ballerina. (That was a complement, right Dolly?).

Here's a depiction of us at the start of the clinic ...

... and near the end, with Greg F. leading, ...

(Rumour has it that the Broad Street Boys and Girls may be adventure riding into town after next week's clinic. If you're interested bring strong lights and some amount of nerve.)
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Dang it, John! My post-modern interpretive dance of “Coffee: The Origins” was MEANT to be a surprise for the TS Xmas Party!!!