Friday, Aug. 17 - Elk West Double

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Friday, Aug. 17 - Elk West Double

Post by Rolf »

Emphasizing distance, pace, and making it back for Shoal Pt. coffee, we will enjoy an early departure at 5:45 a.m. tomorrow from Wonger's Wait (Petro-Can at Hillside and Shelbourne), hit the top half of Cedar Hill GC, Lochside, Royal Oak trails (expurgated), then up and back down the west side of Elk Lake, returning to town via the usual HCP, Colquitz River, and Goose trails.

Should be 45-ish kms in two hours. Everyone welcome. There's nothing particularly technical on this route, but you should feel comfy averaging 24+ on the smoother trails.

Last edited by Rolf on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTyre

Re: Friday, Aug. 17 - Double West Elk

Post by JTyre »

JTyre

Re: Friday, Aug. 17 - Elk West Double

Post by JTyre »

Eat your heart's out, and Wayne Lackner*. A big old QOM on Elk Lake West - Northbound.

We might have made it on the board that we belong on if Rolf would have stopped picture taking, put both hands on his handlebars, and pulled for a millisecond :cry:.

*Who on his very first TS CX ride was frighteningly adept!
Attachments
Elk_Lake_West_Northbound.png
Last edited by JTyre on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I could have pulled through if you hadn't surged at the start, Bruce Willis. The initial effort from holding your wheel gave me tinnitus. :shock: Still, it was very nice of you to pull for that 4K as it meant I only had to pull the other 36. :roll: At least Wayne had the excuse of new terrain. Speaking of Wayne: well done, man! Welcome to TSCX magik...

Sunrise was so pretty along the lake this morning that nothing could have kept my hand from diving into my shorts again and again. I snapped this one in Panama Flats (while riding 28.1 km/h with no hands on a gravel trail. :P )

JTyre

Post by JTyre »

With a photo like that how can I *not* forgive you for pulling us 4 kms short of 40?

Now enough of this childish banter, I need to get back to some productive work,