Friday, August 10 - Saanich/Oak Bay/Fairfield

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Friday, August 10 - Saanich/Oak Bay/Fairfield

Post by Rolf »

With the return of darkness to urban trails (and with Cross on the Rock's first instalment (Topaz Park) exactly one month away) interest in TSCX is starting to ramp up. I never make it through coffee these days without someone coming up and talking about their new bike/wheels and their plans to come have some fun under the trees this fall.

That's awesome! Fun in the forest is good!

Sunrise tomorrow is 5:59 a.m. We can increasingly expect fewer dog-walkers in our first half hour. I suggest we dust off the ol' Saanich Panhandle approach to Camosun/UVic and then come back south via the Uplands and Willows Beach, before meandering through Fairfield and Beacon Hill Park to meet up with the wheel-suckers for coffee.

Any and all crossers are welcome! Beginners especially. We regroup after every trail and Johnny Tyre will fix all your flats. No disturbing GIFs are necessary to come aboard (though all our lives will be the poorer for it.)
JTyre

Re: Friday, August 10 - Saanich/Oak Bay/Fairfield

Post by JTyre »

No fair, Rolf. You're already carbo loading.

I'm in for tomorrow (but would like you to consider sweet Konukson Park as well. I think it's possible to get there and then down to Shoal point in time. Tides way out and Willows Beach is riding like Bonneville Salt Flats these days.)

John
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Sure thing, JT. (I had to Google “Konukson”; that whole area for me is called “Wonger’s Tail Light”.)

As for how much fun to pack in, let’s just see how the pace is heading northeast...
Alan

Post by Alan »

I'm in, and ready to sing from any songsheet you put in front of me, Rolf.

Sing along...
"I am a man of constant sorrow,
I've seen trouble all my day..."