Munn Road (gently!) Wednesday morning

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

FairweatherMike

Munn Road (gently!) Wednesday morning

Post by FairweatherMike »

OK, previous invites to do Munn Road have elicited responses only from HILLBEASTS. It's a great way to stay humble, but some company would be nice too, so let me be velocity-specific as to the meaning of gentle: avg. 10-12 kmh on the longer climbs, and probably 8 kmh on the last kick to the little red pickup truck.
I like to do Munn because:
a) it's beautiful,
b) I suck on hills, and I'd like to not suck someday (which raises the physiological question as to whether increasing fitness can offset ongoing age-related decline), and
c) you get to go down too, which is a great way to realize that cycling requires skill in addition to fitness.

So if you're interested in a gentle climb through the Highlands, see you either at Fairfield and Moss at 6, or the switch bridge at 6:15.

Mike
Ann

Re: Munn Road (gently!) Wednesday morning

Post by Ann »

See you at Fairfield and Moss at 6.
Claire

Post by Claire »

If you guys can coax yourselves to get to Switch by 6:00 there may be an extra body or two, as that's been the traditional meet-up spot. I think I'd put myself somewhere in between the "hammerhead" and "super-gentle" categories but if everyone interested meets at the same time and place, there is a greater chance of connecting with the right folks. If anyone wants to join my "mushy middle" pace, you know where to find me.
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Munn tomorrow sounds like fun, kind of!

Mike, Ann, Switch Bridge at 6 or 6:15?

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
Ann

Post by Ann »

barton bourassa wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:32 pm Mike, Ann, Switch Bridge at 6 or 6:15?
6:15 because I’m not sure if Mike will check the forum again tonight. Sorry Claire. :(
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

See you at 6:15 at the switch bridge.
Barton Bourassa